[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My TA-E80ES Arrived!

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:08 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My TA-E80ES Arrived!

My TA-E80ES Arrived!

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by sonyeslover » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:50 pm

I received my mint, in box preamp with original remote and paperwork a couple days ago. I was not planning on rebuilding my ES collection, but this one was too hard to pass on, especially with the remote! I made a deal with someone online after he saw my previous pics of my collection online. This pre has the rare side panels that are finished on all sides instead of the usual 3 sides. Some pics:

NOS Sony ES TA-E80ES ? by mastercontrolmedia, on Flickr

Here she is : Sony ES TA-E80ES Control Amplifier ! by mastercontrolmedia, on Flickr

Rear panel of the TA-E80ES HD by mastercontrolmedia, on Flickr

Sony Ultra Rare RM-S806 by mastercontrolmedia, on Flickr
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by parney » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Looks mint very nice loooking unit.Just curious was this the one advertised on Canuck audio for $500 .The reason I ask was I was justlooking at it and trying to decide if I should go for it or not.lol Congrates ,what amp are you going to pair it to?
parney
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by sonyeslover » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:16 pm

No this one was not advertised and came from the US...
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by David_S » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm

On 2013-02-08 17:16, sonyeslover wrote:
No this one was not advertised and came from the US...

Very nice looking.  You are very lucky to get the original remote.  My E80ES did not come with the remote.  Very few E80ES are advertised with the remote.

TA- N77ES, E77ES, E80ES, E9000ES
STR- GX10ES, DA4ES, DA5700ES
DVP- NS999ES
HAP-S1, MDS-JA20ES, ST-S730ES
RM- AX4000, AX1400
APM-55W, APM-33W
David_S
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by David_S » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:38 pm

On 2013-02-08 17:06, parney wrote:
Looks mint very nice loooking unit.Just curious was this the one advertised on Canuck audio for $500 .The reason I ask was I was justlooking at it and trying to decide if I should go for it or not.lol Congrates ,what amp are you going to pair it to?

You should inquire about the E80ES on Canuck Audio Mart if you want one.  They are not available very often.  The pictures shown are probably not the unit listed for sale.  The seller claims to have the remote, but the pictures in the listing do not show a remote.

TA- N77ES, E77ES, E80ES, E9000ES
STR- GX10ES, DA4ES, DA5700ES
DVP- NS999ES
HAP-S1, MDS-JA20ES, ST-S730ES
RM- AX4000, AX1400
APM-55W, APM-33W
David_S
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by sonyeslover » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Just finished listening to some vinyl. It uses a high output moving coil cartridge which normally will use an MM input, but I find using the MC setting, it sounds great, very full, powerful and lots of gain, making it the same level as a CD for example. So far so good!

Yes those remotes are very rare, 9 out of 10 times a used E80 will not come with one. In fact I see some of these preamps not come with side panels, which is odd considering it's part of the chassis and are not meant to be removed. Even these poor examples sell for a bit, so when I found this one I jumped. The one on CAM sounds nice, but the second pic is actually my pic that I took a few years back, so who knows! LOL
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 pm

sonyeslover- Your new Sony TA-E80ES looks so minty that I suspect that you have a time machine that you used to get it directly from 1991...

PS- Is that Auralex Wedge Studiofoam that we see behind the TA-E80ES in 2 of the pictures?

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by sonyeslover » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks Maxx. It's as mint as one could expect other than getting a brand new unit. I am quite pleased with it. I do have some wall treatments in my listening area, but it's a generic foam, it was inexpensive on eBay and I bought a bunch of it.

sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mhedges » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Vince -

Are you getting back in the game?
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by sonyeslover » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Maybe! I have another peice on the way already...God help me. LOL
sonyeslover