[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Laptop output av?

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:03 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Laptop output av?

Laptop output av?

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by ivtec » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi there happy new year , i have a sony vgn-A-195EP and i need to know what is the output next to the monitor output  and  next the Ethernet  input connection. that says AV/output,i assumed that would be Video but i connected a video saurse but not it. some knows what is that for.thanks in advance.
ivtec
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:38 pm

ivtec,

I was unable to find the manual for the VGNA195EP but could the jack that you are referring to be the A/V Port Replicator connector? Any chance of a link or a picture that shows the jack?

Joe

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by claudio » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Found the owner's manual for vgn-A-195EP

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/A_TR/A_TR_H_EN.pdf

Below is a screenshot of the back of the VGN-A195EP
The items next to the ethernet is the Right/Left Audio In and the Right/Left Audio Out

Seems like they both are audio which is odd. But I assume since it has DVI and S-Video

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by ivtec » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Thank you guys,i checked the manual and in fact the page 84 shows what i have it says that i can connect a TV display, i did try that before before i asked help,and i had nothing except some type of horizontal bands seems like video is there but not a pic.in fact my model has only tv output but if the display has PC input the AV that is in page 84,i assume this is the graphics card.i also have audio but is not in the graphics card is in the other side where is the sound blaster.i will reed this manual in detail and try to figure it out ,thanks in advance.
ivtec
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by ivtec » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Also anybody knows since i connected the tv to the av the laptop takes more time to show the items on the screen after it says well come, it takes about 1 minute while before that it came right up after it says well come,well it did that once and i made full recovery and i corrected that now since i tried  one more time the output AV.is doing that again, i didn't know that was the cause but now i think it is,what you guys think it is?
ivtec
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by claudio » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:05 am

it sometimes takes more time initially to display on an external monitor.But honestly shouldn't be that much time to change from notebook video to external monitor. Maybe 15 to 20 seconds. Sometimes sooner
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by ivtec » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 pm

On 2009-01-18 10:05, claudio wrote:
it sometimes takes more time initially to display on an external monitor.But honestly shouldn't be that much time to change from notebook video to external monitor. Maybe 15 to 20 seconds. Sometimes sooner

Thanks Claudio, may my modle# doesn't have the grafic card with the proper drivers to view a regular tv ,since my modle is a european , what you think? i already e-mailed sony europe help and suport to check this out i'm waiting on a response.
ivtec
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by claudio » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Could be. I would see if there is an updated driver for your graphic card, that could fix the issue. Sony Europe should be able to see what the exact issue. I would be interested to see what the issue and possible fix could be.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by ivtec » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Well i figuered out why i don't have any video out because i'm here in USA and the lapotop was made for Europe,need to be a display in Pal system not Ntsc.
ivtec
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by ivtec » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:50 am

Hi there: sorry i bring this up again, i  have learned how to change the settings for NTSC on my VGN a195EP and everytthing is setup for viewing tv out of the AV/out like in page 83 of the manual in the obove previous post,but with the cable i'm using now is 3.5mm but only video ,is this why i can't get any video? so my question is this bellow site the type of cables i need thanks in advace.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Audio_Video_Cables/Camcorder_cables.htm
ivtec
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Next

Return to Computers Misc.