[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - ES side panels seekers - let's get together

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:33 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - ES side panels seekers - let's get together

ES side panels seekers - let's get together

This is the place for where you can post links to great Sony related deals that you found on the internet. You can also lists products that you want. Also, groupbuys deals are listed.

Moderator: jttar

by bobp » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Wooden panels for ES components are hard to find. I believe that someone with resources to manufacture them in China could turn a nice profit providing them to Sony ES enthusiasts.

Here is what I have in mind.

Creating cocobolo veneered side panels of the exact dimensions is  no difficult task. If they are offered for let say $50 a pair with free shipping, several thousand could be sold easily. Some kind of trade mark should be used to distinguish them to homebrew jobs.

I am looking for two sets for TCK-950ES, one set for TA-P9000ES  and one set that could be used on XA5400ES. I am positive that many Sony Es enthusiasts would jump at the opportunity of group sale if it is available.

Amy thoughts ?
bobp
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sonyeslover » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:43 am

Yeah, those panels are very hard to find. Many people removed them and then lost them, or some are just in poor shape. I wish there was a source for these, but they would have to look completly stock and fit the same as the OEM ones. That may be hard to do. I have a small collection of panels I picked up, but are not really too useful for my needs at the moment.
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by IrisJoker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:54 pm

I completely agree to what you are saying.I was searching for these panels for past few months and finally got them after a hard search of 5 months.

casual shoes for men
IrisJoker
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by craigmclellan89 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:14 am

My friend Stuart who is on the Sony ES facebook group has been attempting to recreate these - I believe he has found a 3D printing firm who can recreate the plastic washers (which without these, these are merely planks of would which can not be installed properly.)

When I collect my TA-N80ES on Sunday, I am going to measure the side cheeks so that these can be added to the list of what the supplier needs to price up.
craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Return to Great Sony Deals