[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - KV34HS510 Craigslist

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:47 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KV34HS510 Craigslist

KV34HS510 Craigslist

This is the place for where you can post links to great Sony related deals that you found on the internet. You can also lists products that you want. Also, groupbuys deals are listed.

Moderator: jttar

by rose411 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:40 am

Good morning,

I have an opportunity to pick up a used KV34HS510.My question is about reliability. This is a heavy momma, and i onlywant to do this once.

Are they prone to shutting down? Are theydifficult/expensive to repair? I know everything you can buy has itsown lemons here and there. i would like to avoid headaches if possible.

The ad claims to be in excellent condition. It's also a bit of a drive to get there...

Would I be better off finding a comparable XBR set?

Thanks for your time,

Bob
rose411
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by claudio » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Rose411,

Those are very heavy tvs like the XBR800. I think they weight over 220 pounds and you need 2 to 3 people to carry those. Not sure if they are prone to shutting down but they last a long time since they are CRT and don't rely on lamps. As for the repair, it's not that difficult for a trained technican. But for the general public they are very hard to repair since there is voltage issues which could seriously hurt someone. The hard part about repairing it is that if it does go down, you have to pay a moving company or get some friends to move it to the repair shop. Unless the repair shop does on location work. I would ask how many viewing hours are on it and if there is a visible marks on the screen. How much are they asking for?
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by rose411 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:38 am

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for the reply...

I just spoke with the owner. She's had it for a year, she bought it from a neighbor. It gets average use, no damage history noted.

She's asking $100 for it. I guess you can't go wrong for the price.

It's about a 2 hour drive from here, so it needs to be worth it...

Bob
rose411
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by claudio » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:26 pm

$100 is a good deal. But you might need 2 to 3 people to help you move it. CRT type TV last a long time. I will check tonight to see if that model has a way to view how many viewing hours are on it. I know the rear projection has it but not sure on the CRT models.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by rose411 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Ok, here's another question...I've found a different set for sale...KV-34HS420...Some of the reviews I've found make it seem like it's a bit of a problem child....Any thoughts?

Also, I might as well ask now. Are there any particular models I should stay away from?

Thanks,

Bob
rose411
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

Return to Great Sony Deals