[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - WTB: TA-N90ES

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:12 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - WTB: TA-N90ES

WTB: TA-N90ES

This is the place for where you can post links to great Sony related deals that you found on the internet. You can also lists products that you want. Also, groupbuys deals are listed.

Moderator: jttar

by mhedges » Fri May 07, 2010 5:17 am

On 2010-05-06 22:22, Echosphere wrote:
Hi Joe,

I did my best with packing.  It is double boxed with an outer double walled box (that took me forever to find).  Went to target bought eight pillows to stuff the boxes with.  Spent $50 and my morning but it was worth it.

I loved that baby.

Don't know I would like to do that again....

Thanks for taking extra care with it, Scott.  Not only am I getting a great amp, I am also getting a nice supply of pillows

Mark
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Echosphere » Fri May 07, 2010 10:20 am

Oh yeah, don't use box cutters to open the boxes!
Echosphere
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Fri May 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello Echosphere,

Nice job! If anything happens in transit it is not because you didn't do your best to prevent it. The only other thing you could have done was to put a lable on the outside of the box requesting, "Please Toss Underhand", LOL. Given it's weight, along with the additional packing I have serious doubts that the carrier will be doing too much tossing.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Echosphere » Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey Joe,

We used FEDEX Ground.  Less tossing than UPS.

Me and the FEDEX guy slapped tons of This End Up and Fragile stickers on it while we chatted about tube amps.  Nice fellow.

After those photos of the mashed in binding posts and Marks reminder, I packaged them up real good.  Should have taken some pics. A menagerie of artistic design, rightfully.  It would take a baby elephant to mash those suckers in.

Echosphere
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Sat May 08, 2010 1:00 pm

On 2010-05-08 01:40, Echosphere wrote:
Hey Joe,

We used FEDEX Ground.  Less tossing than UPS.

Smart move Scott.   

I agree, those pictures of ShadowLord's binding posts just made me cringe. The worst part was that with proper packaging, like you did, it could have been avoided.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Echosphere » Sat May 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Lets not count our chickens just yet. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. But yeah after those photos... OUCH! Wish someone would pull them down, they instill the same reaction in me as when you see mangled bodies after a car accident. I just don't want to see it.

So, do you think we should contact FEDEX and have them change their slogan to "FEDEX: Less Tossing than Brown." ? If we do this I would also like to contact Toyota. "Moving you Forward: Whether You Like it or Not." (actually like Toyotas and very sad to hear about the folks who have died. Really though, change your slogan already)

On another note: While the Meridian 557 was my dream, a Mark Levinson's always been my FANTASY! Found an ML9 for $800 locally buying it tomorrow!!!!!! (I did a "what the heck lets see what else is out there" before I take the $800 Meridian 557 plunge this morning) BAM! Sometimes it REALLY DOES pay to shop around!!!

Cheers,
Scott
Echosphere
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Sat May 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Scott,

I couldn't think of a finer way to spend a Sunday that introducing a "new" amp into my system and enjoying the excitement and anticipation that goes with it. Good price to boot. The ML9 is quite a power house and I have seen them go for over $1,000 USD in the past, and no shipping worries.
Please do keep us updated. Good luck.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mhedges » Sat May 08, 2010 5:35 pm

On 2010-05-06 19:22, ShadowLord wrote:

Mark,

congratulations on the purchase of your TA-N90ES! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I hav been enjoying mine. When you get a chance I am sure we would all love to see some pics!

Thanks! I am looking forward to getting it.

Did you ever sell your E90ES preamp or do you still have it in storage?  Would you consider selling it if you still have it?

Mark

mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Echosphere » Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 am

An E90ES, in storage, for shame! I've heard those are even more rare than the N90ES.

The one on Audiogon a month or so ago went in days of the asking price it looked like...
Echosphere
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by mhedges » Sun May 09, 2010 8:41 am

On 2010-05-09 08:00, Echosphere wrote:
An E90ES, in storage, for shame!   I've heard those are even more rare than the N90ES.

The one on Audiogon a month or so ago went in days of the asking price it looked like...

There was a E90ES on Audiogon a little while back. It had a few scratches and eventually the price was lowered to $400 and it sold.  I should have bought it at that price. Who knows when another one will come up for sale that cheap.

Mark
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Great Sony Deals