[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - WTB: TA-N90ES

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:37 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - WTB: TA-N90ES

WTB: TA-N90ES

This is the place for where you can post links to great Sony related deals that you found on the internet. You can also lists products that you want. Also, groupbuys deals are listed.

Moderator: jttar

by jttar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Mark,

Just went over to Audiogon to check out the listing HERE.  When I got there I saw that it was already SOLD.
Is that wonderful sounding amp on its way to Ithaca? I hope so.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mhedges » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 am

Joe -

Sorry, I am not the buyer. I contacted the seller about it but never heard back, then I saw it was sold.

I really can't buy one right now anyway, unless it is really underpriced. I have only had my N80ES running in my system for about a month and I am pretty happy with how it sounds.

I have made a pledge to myself to not buy any new components for 6 months - but I would probably break it if I found a good N90ES for $500!

Mark
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Mark,

Sorry to hear that you  weren't the buyer. That N90ES really looked in nice condition but as you mentioned, it was a little high on the price. Although a N90ES would be nice in your system, your not exactly "slumming" with your N80ES.
Your six month rule is a good idea and it gives you some time to play with your N80ES amp.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mhedges » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:35 am

On 2010-03-18 21:51, jttar wrote:

Although a N90ES would be nice in your system, your not exactly "slumming" with your N80ES.
Your six month rule is a good idea and it gives you some time to play with your N80ES amp.

Joe

Thats what I was thinking too.  The N80ES is a good amp that actually has considerably more power than the N90ES.  My only real concern with it is that it is getting to be the age where electrolytic caps start to fail.  I don't think there is a good way to test them, and anyway it probably doesn't make sense financially to have it recapped.

It looks like that N90ES that was on Audiogon is available again... price is still too high for me right now though.

Mark
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Echosphere » Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi Mark,  Got your email and then found this thread.

I have mine for sale.  Located between Seattle and Portland.  $500.

Has some rack rash on the top and a pop on startup.

The pop suppression relay most likely has been removed but I can't find it on the schematics.  If anyone knows where it is or how to find it I could email the service manual.  The repair shop here couldn't find any issue with it that the caps were in very good shape.

Bench tested by Desco to be functionally perfectly besides the pop. Passed with flying colors. Have receipts for confirmation.
DC offset is 2.8mV and 4.3mV per channel. DC BIAS is 90mV each channel per Sony Service Manual specs.

I can ship it if folks are interested, but rather sell it local.  Poor babies been through enough as it is.... ;-)

Even though I'm relatively new to AQ some of you might have known about my Sony CDP-X5000 I sold to a fellow member here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230437415236

Cheers,
Scott

Echosphere
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Echosphere » Thu May 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Sold and on it's way to Mark!
Echosphere
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by ShadowLord » Thu May 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Mark,

congratulations on the purchase of your TA-N90ES! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I hav been enjoying mine. When you get a chance I am sure we would all love to see some pics!
ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Thu May 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Way to go Mark!

I echo ShadowLord's congratulations on landing a TA-N90ES of your own. Can't wait for your review.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Thu May 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Hello Echosphere,

Thanks for offering Agoraquest the TA-N90ES. Glad that a fellow member ends up with it and Mark has been patient.

Double box and pack that "Beast" well, it has a cross country trip ahead.

Best of luck with a smooth transaction,
Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Echosphere » Thu May 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi Joe,

I did my best with packing. It is double boxed with an outer double walled box (that took me forever to find). Went to target bought eight pillows to stuff the boxes with. Spent $50 and my morning but it was worth it.

I loved that baby.

Don't know I would like to do that again....
Echosphere
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Great Sony Deals