[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony LCD---J&R, Onecall, Amazon or B&H Photo?

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony LCD---J&R, Onecall, Amazon or B&H Photo?

Sony LCD---J&R, Onecall, Amazon or B&H Photo?

This is the place for where you can post links to great Sony related deals that you found on the internet. You can also lists products that you want. Also, groupbuys deals are listed.

Moderator: jttar

by dragon53 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 am

I'm going to buy a Sony LCD tv and would to know which dealer is the best to buy it from:

1. Amazon.com
2. B&H Photo
3. J&R
4. Onecall

Thanks for any comments.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by claudio » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:43 am

Hi Dragon53,

If you are interested, we work with ABTelectronics.com who give us discounts on most of their model. They also provide free shipping and no sales tax and they are an authorized Sony retailer. If you have a model, I can check what they would offer

But from that that list I know Onecall has good customer service. Another top Sony authorized retailer that has great customer service is Crutchfield (But their prices are one of the highest) and ABTelectronics.

If they are authorized Sony dealer, that gives a good amount of confidence in that company.  I'm sure Onecall and B&H are authorized Sony dealer. I checked and Amazon is also a authorized Sony retailer

Sony Authorized Internet Dealers

Why should I buy from an authorized dealer? What do I get out of that?

Plenty! Only authorized dealers are fully trained by Sony to answer questions about how to operate your new Sony DVD player or camcorder or how to connect your Sony Wegaâ„¢ television to that wonderful new home theater sound system.

Only authorized dealers have access to Sony product managers and specialized customer service representatives. Often Sony makes special product promotions available only from authorized dealers.

In addition Sony Authorized Internet Dealers are required to:

· Provide a toll-free telephone number for customer product inquiries

· Provide an e-mail product inquiry service with 24-hour response time

· Provide notice of the level of security offered to customers for online transactions

· Display the dealer's policies on privacy and use of customer information

· Send order status via e-mail within 12 hours of order placement

· Ship products within 48 hours of order acceptance

· Provide customers with the option to pick up products at a retail store

· Offer convenient return procedures

· Offer "white glove" delivery and setup service for major home audio-video systems or components

· Provide a customized installation guide and offer installation for mobile electronics products

Sony authorized dealers are required to take steps to ensure the integrity of your Sony purchase. Some unauthorized dealers have sold products with altered or obliterated serial numbers. Products with tampered serial numbers void the Sony Products Warranty. In addition, there have been reports of unauthorized dealers selling used products as new.

Sony has not audited unauthorized e-tailers or other unauthorized dealers to determine if they meet the high customer service standards that authorized dealers are required to meet. As Sony generally has no relationship with unauthorized e-tailers, if you experience any difficulty with their service, Sony may be unable to help you.

Sony recommends you purchase its consumer electronics products only from Sony Authorized Internet Dealers.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dragon53 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:50 pm

CLAUDIO:

I'm looking at the Sony KDL-46Z4100 (black) 46" LCD tv. Here are the prices including shipping I've seen from authorized Sony dealers:

1. B&H Photo--$1,499.95
2. ABT--$1,699.00
3. Onecall--$1,597.48
4. J&R--$1,597.49

If ABT can beat the lowest price, B&H Photo, I'll lean towards ABT.

Also, can you find out from ABT if the KDL-46Z4100's clearance price will drop lower since the new Sony tv sets will arrive in early May?

Thanks a lot.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by claudio » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:16 pm

I will email Mike ABT to see what kind of deal he can do. As for getting lower prices. I know that Sony changes their price frequently. Which is why Agoraquest groupbuy isn't active. It was too hard to keep up with Sony and it's changing prices. The prices goes up and down or they throw incentives.

During the holidays like Memorial Day is when the price might drop lower. But I doubt it will drop that much lower, maybe $50 to $150
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dragon53 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:50 pm

CLAUDIO:

Have you heard from ABT yet?
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by jttar » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 pm

dragon53,

If things don't work out with ABT I can highly recommend B&H Photo. Actually, I have dealt with every company on your list and have never had a problem but the best price (so far) is with B&H Photo.  Not only did B&H have good communication during my transactions and on time delivery but they continue to send me a high end color catalog from time to time.

Congratulations my friend on the decision to purchase the KDL-46Z4100. I have a KDL-46S4100 in my bedroom and love the display.

Please let us know how things work out for you.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by dragon53 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:45 pm

JTTAR:

Thanks for the info.
My 1985 Zenith tv is near-death. After researching a lot on various websites, I decided on the Sony KDL46Z4100 which has been discontinued.
I also get B&H's catalog but have never bought from them. I have bought Sony products from Onecall and J&R. Right now, B&H is still the lowest, but Onecall dropped their price about $35 yesterday. I hope to make a decision soon---I'm waiting to see if B&H drops their price.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by claudio » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi Dragon53,

I will circle back with Mike from ABT. I sent him an email last week.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by claudio » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Update: Should be getting prices and information shortly.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dragon53 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:30 pm

CLAUDIO:

Thanks. I'll be on the look-out.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

Next