[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - When are XBR Grand Wega-s in showrooms?

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:52 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - When are XBR Grand Wega-s in showrooms?

When are XBR Grand Wega-s in showrooms?

This is the place for where you can post links to great Sony related deals that you found on the internet. You can also lists products that you want. Also, groupbuys deals are listed.

Moderator: jttar

by SugarBear » Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:13 am

It seems Sony is not very well organized about their Grand Wega line. I have a hell of a time finding anything out about the original Grand Wega - the KF-60DX100 - from Sony. However, I find plenty of info about the 50 and 60 inch versions of the XBR800 - this/next years model....with the statement that they will be out "sometime in the fall" of 2002.

HOWEVER, when I go to showrooms/ebay all I can find is people selling the DX100.

Do we have any idea of when the XBR Grand Wega-s will be showing up in "a showroom near you?"

Thanks in advance...thanks for this site, Claudio.
SugarBear
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Percyval » Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:34 am

Well, I was over by GoodGuys and Circuit City over the weekend. I was told from CC that it they should get the new XBRs sometime later this week. But from GG, they have no idea what so ever.

I was also at sonystyle.com and I can't find the DX100 on their website as well. Same thing with GG and CC's website. They used to have it, but not anymore. Interesting.. I guess they are getting ready for the XBRs.

Percyval
Percyval
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by reubenray » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:50 am

Tweeters are still saying the new GW's will be at their warehouse around 10-24-02 and mine
is to delivered the week of 10-28-02.
reubenray
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by raybo67 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:20 am

Went shopping on 10/14 for a Grand Wega in Reno. Could not find any demonstrator at GG, CC or Best Buy. GG said last they will be in last week of October or first week of November. I showed them the price at One Call (3,999 for 50") and the salesman said they will probably sell it for more!!??

Circuit City salesman told me they will NOT be getting any Grand Wegas in stock. He said they were not chosen to carry that line.
raybo67
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Percyval » Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:02 am

Quote:

On 2002-10-16 11:20, raybo67 wrote:
Went shopping on 10/14 for a Grand Wega in Reno. Could not find any demonstrator at GG, CC or Best Buy. GG said last they will be in last week of October or first week of November. I showed them the price at One Call (3,999 for 50") and the salesman said they will probably sell it for more!!??

Circuit City salesman told me they will NOT be getting any Grand Wegas in stock. He said they were not chosen to carry that line.

Hey Raybo67
Yeah.. GG said they are going to sell the 60" for $7999.XX. I told them that even the Sony website says $4999.99. But they said that's most likely the price they'll see it for. Strange isn't it?

Percyval
Percyval
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by raybo67 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:03 pm

Pre-ordered a 50XBR800 from One Call for $3599 including shipping. I am #5 in line, but the salesman was not so sure when they were going to come in. He even said he thought they would probably arrive sometime in JANUARY!!?? By the way, I believe One Call is taking orders for the 60" at 4495 including shipping.

I have to admit I am a bit nervous about pre-ordering a TV I have not seen yet. Am I crazy??
raybo67
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by robertbegotka » Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:34 am

Arrival time of XBR Grand Wega's still unclear. I Spoke with one retailer who said they'd be in by late January at the earliest, possibly not until April '03! Another retailer said that they didn't know for sure, but expected to have them in late October.

As a result, I'm taking another look at Zenith's D60wlcd. Any thoughts?
robertbegotka
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by kranston » Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:46 am

Sound Advice in Orlando says they should have it in the first week of November but "...Sony is notorious for sending shipments in late..."
kranston
kranston
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by iasky » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:51 pm

Has anyone seen one of these badboys. 5K seems like a lot of money to plop down for an unseen product .. even if it is a Sony!

I've got my finger on the button ready to buy but would like to hear from somebody that has actually played with the set.

Also on the PB list for the Sammy 507W.

Decisions...decisions
iasky
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by kisschris » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:45 am

brandsmart in WEST palm beach fla has them ... $4700 ... in showroom ... look s like dx100 .... beautiful but prob buy samsung dlp 60in to get vga input
kisschris
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Great Sony Deals