[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Grand Wega

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Grand Wega

Grand Wega

This is the place for where you can post links to great Sony related deals that you found on the internet. You can also lists products that you want. Also, groupbuys deals are listed.

Moderator: jttar

by Wegafan » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:16 am

Hi,

I believe the reason is that ABT is currently out of them, and they are on backorder.

Mostly likely will be back up when they have a supply!

Later!
Wegafan
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by sigmanj » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:07 pm

I received my KF-60XBR800 from ABTELECTRONICS about 2 hours ago. I would not call the transaction completely seamless, but thus far am pleased with the set. Claudio knows of some of my concerns and I believe is addressing them for future group purchasers. Suffice it to say, Abt did come through with the product as described! The delivery and set-up was easy, simple and fun. I guess with "white-glove", I expected them to hook up components, but the set made it pretty simple to do that myself. It would have been nice to make sure it was working properly before the delivery guys took off though. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible....
sigmanj
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Wegafan » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:08 pm

Sounds good!

Yeah, I have a few questions!

Any Warranty info, such as if you bought into extended etc...

Also, make sure to give a review once you get comfortable with the set, since that is the one I am planning on going with. I would also like to hear other opinions of ABT from people that have dealth with them. Since I don't know if I should go with Cruthfield/CC/ or online(ABT).

Did you have any problems with stuck pixels(can you see them from viewing distance), and are you glad you spent $4500 for a TV?

Because I know I will be after I make my purchase...

Thanks, keep us posted...

PS: What are the issues that Claudio is aware or? or are they the "no setup" and "leave before testing" issues?

Thanks!
Wegafan
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Percyval » Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:40 pm

I received my 60" Grand Wega on Friday afternoon. I got a call from the delivering company giving me the time frame on when they'll deliver. When I got home ~10 mins later than the scheduled time, they were already in the truck ready to leave (Someone else was in the house at that time). When I got into my room, I also thought the components would be hooked up (hince the "White-Glove" service) but... well, it wasn't that hard to setup the few components that I have.

I did have 3 hot/dead pixels, 2 were dim and near the corner, so that's no problem. However, the 3rd one is fairly noticable at the viewing distance, and it's not close to the sides. I already contacted ABT, hopefully their "Total Satisfaction Guaranteed" will come through. (I guess it's a good thing for me to chase down the drivers and ask them to leave me the box)

sigmanj, did you notice any hot pixels on your set?

Percyval
Percyval
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by TKP » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:09 pm

Well, my instinct didn't fail me. The 50" I ordered from 4cost was delivered today. Hooked it up, did the video adjustment with the Avia disk, the result was more than satisfactory, of course IMHO. HD channels are superb, SD ones after the tweaking aren't comparable to my 40"XBR but aren't bad at all exept for some local channels, which I am not watching anyway. I'll be doing some more tweaking tomorrow try to get the best I could with an LCD. I haven't noticed any bad or dead pixels so far. To me, the black level while not as expected, is way better then the GW1. It took me exactly 3 weeks to get it from the day I ordered (10/21/02). $3420.26 (SH and Replacement lamp included).
TKP
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by claudio » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:14 pm

This is a ongoing groupbuy however, the contact could at anytime take it off because either they are out of stock, don't want to give the discount or any other number of reasons.

I would reserve it when you can.

Also, ABTelectronics is filling out all orders for both the 50 and 60. However, there are ALOT of orders for the 50 and 60 that went through the Group Buy.

Also, we are working to make this as smooth as possible in the future. Today would be our first month having the Group Buy.

We plan to have the next version of the Automated Group Feature up shortly. It will have several features including:

Order Update Status
Direct email access via the browser to our contact
Probably a weekly 2 hour chat room session where you can ask questions.
other exciting features...

Claudio

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by sigmanj » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:56 pm

Quote:

sigmanj, did you notice any hot pixels on your set?

Percyval

I have one "blue" pixel...waiting to see "what to do about it at this point...will contact Abt. The problems I encountered were with communication issues that I think will be cleared up, as they got better during the process. And as I said, AbtElectronics did come through with the TV! However, and I will call them tomorrow on this, I did purchase the extended warranty (I think that is a good idea whenever you spend this much on electronic components), but there is really no documentation thereof upon delivery of the set, only a single line indicating that I purchased it on my invoice that came in the mail. I think there should be some documentation that comes either in the mail, via email, fax or with the product detailing the extended warranty. This would protect Abt as well as the consumer.

As an aside, I did have to call Sony customer support to help me with my Sony DirecTv/Tivo unit hook-up with the KF-60XBR800, and they were VERY helpful though they admitted that even they have very little documentation yet on this set. I guess we are all learning together!

sigmanj
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Bigrocco » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:12 am

I ordered a GW 60 from Mike at ABT a couple of days ago. I called back today to order a DVD player (dvpns715p) and asked for a price on an extended warranty for the GW. I was told $600! Has anyone purchased one of these? Sounds a bit pricey to me. Any advice would be appreciated. thks, BR
Bigrocco
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sigmanj » Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:06 pm

I used the interactive online help session at the abtelectronics site (which is very nice btw), and found out that the warranty information that I am still waiting on will be sent to me within the next two weeks. This is fine, but once again, this is a communication issue that had it been clear in the first place would have simply left me with more peace of mind in the first place.

Once again. I was pleased with Abt's customer service, the online help was prompt, courteous, and provided immediate email backup of our conversation.
sigmanj
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by motasea » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:24 am

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am interested on the 50XBR from the Sony but I want to know if I still can get it through the power buy?
motasea
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Great Sony Deals