[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony DSC H-9 Volume 2... MaxxPix

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:54 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony DSC H-9 Volume 2... MaxxPix

Sony DSC H-9 Volume 2... MaxxPix

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:59 am

As an example of just how well this new compression algorithm and its special picture quality preserving features work compare the hosted original 1.8 MB Lossless PNG original below with the 180 KB 10:1 compressed version posted just below it...

~Maxx~

*Sony DSC H-9 aka Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:10 pm

...and sometimes less is more!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Its Tulip Time...

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:47 pm

I first spotted this one a couple of weeks ago and after checking up on it several times I was finally able to get this picture.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Fantastic Spring pics Maxx. Again, thanks for sharing your passion with us.
That last picture is so life like I tried blowing on it. LOL.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by claudio » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Incredible pictures. I have to agree with Jttar, that last one is very life like. It's memorizing to look at it. Can't seem to stare away from it.

Glad to help with the software. I tested several software and this one had the best algorithm in terms of preserving the original picture. Look forward to your future photos especially with Summer around the corner.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Claudio and Joe- I'm so glad that the two of you are enjoying the pictures. I would like to take more credit, but the Sony DSC H-9 with its Zeiss lens is primarily responsible for the quality of the pictures I've been posting although learning to shoot in Manual Mode yields optimal results.

I've been truly amazed using the JPEG Compression Program that Claudio provided the license for me to use in that it does a superb job of preserving the original quality of the pictures and in some cases the compressed image looks even better than the original when the many detail preserving tools in the program are applied.

Just today I took some pictures of a wonderfully crafted piece of wood intarga as it was being lit by sunlight through a window just before sundown. I have done several comparisons and the appearance of these compressed jpegs is indistinguishable from the originals which originally contained over 7X as much information.

Before I had access to this high quality jpeg Compression program I needed to post photos as close to the Agoraquest Photo Uploader's 600 KB limit as possible in order to obtain the high quality of the images simply because all of my Image Management Programs did such a poor job of compression, but now I can post pictures at a fraction of that size and they will look as good or sometimes even better than before.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat May 08, 2010 8:50 pm

For years I've been using a professional photo of the Furutech FI-25M(G) UPOCC AC Plugs on my Tube/FET Preamp and Tube Power Amp for posting, but the other day I decided to see if I could go them one better and actually get some of the UPOCC parts to show up in a picture of these amazing AC Plugs by using enough light sources and I was able to get this shot at the H-9's lowest iso setting of 80 at 1/100/sec using an aperture of 4.5 which successfully revealed the gold plated UPOCC screw for the hot lead.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Camera Misc.