[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Camcorder- DCR-SR62, DCR-SR87, DCR-SR85 - Which is best?

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Camcorder- DCR-SR62, DCR-SR87, DCR-SR85 - Which is best?

Sony Camcorder- DCR-SR62, DCR-SR87, DCR-SR85 - Which is best?

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by GwaMa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:48 pm

I am looking to purchase a NIB Sony camcorder as a birthday gift for my son. I have a DCR-SR62 myself and am happy with it.  I am wondering if the newer DCR-SR87 or DCR-SR85 camcorders are a good as my older DCR-SR62.  I know the hard drives a bigger, but I am much more interested in the picure quality of the movie.

What features are available on the 85 & 87 which are not on the 62 & vise versa?
GwaMa
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Welcome to the forum.  The video quality will basically be the same as your SR62, standard definition (SD) in the MPEG2 format.  The newer models differ from yours with respect to something called Hybrid Recording, which allows them to record video to disk or memory stick.  Your model will only record still pictures to memory stick.

For approx. $200 more, you can get a High Definition (HD) video camera.  More websites are allowing your to upload HD video clips now.
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Camera Misc.