[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - handycam dcr dvd610 poor quality on hdtv

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:49 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - handycam dcr dvd610 poor quality on hdtv

handycam dcr dvd610 poor quality on hdtv

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by mattslater82 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:52 pm

I'm new to this,the movie I shot looks great on the computer screen but terrible on hdtv.What did I do wrong ?
mattslater82
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Welcome to the forum.  A couple of things come into play when discerning video quality from a camcorder.  Make sure you are recording at the highest quality setting.  Some video cams allows you to record longer video's, but at the expense of reduced video quality.  How are you showing your video on the HDTV ?  Are you connecting the video camera to the HDTV for playback or using a DVD player ?  If using a DVD player, how is it connected (composite, S-video, component, DVI, HDMI) to your DVD player ?

Personally, I find that my SD video being viewed on my 36XBR450 via component cable from my DVD player does not have that "pop" or "brightness" when being viewed on my 22" LCD PC monitor.  I also have to consider the difference in contrast between CRT and LCD technology.  Guess it's something that I just got use to.       
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mattslater82 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 am

I found what I did wrong,you don't finalize a DVD+RW go figure
mattslater82
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:21 am

Glad to hear that you've solved your problem.  Peace.       
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Camera Misc.