[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony alpha DSLR-A900 Review

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:14 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony alpha DSLR-A900 Review

Sony alpha DSLR-A900 Review

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Toli » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:53 am

On 2008-12-18 17:34, Maxxwire wrote:

Learning the Art of Photography will improve the quality of the pictures you take far and away more than owning a more expensive camera ever will.

~Maxx~

Maxx,

I used to have a film SLR, it was a Minolta and a pretty decent camera. Although I don't have that much photography experience I am learning as I go, and am having fun doing it.

What you said in the quote above actually brings up something that I was meaning to ask you for awhile. I noticed that you take really nice pictures, you seem to have an eye for it. Have you taken any photography classes?

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by NiteHawk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:18 am

The size of this picture is 242 KB, downsized from the original @1446 KB.  Anything larger and I start to get an error stating that the file is too big.  Basically, it's a two step process to using Picasa.  Just use the Export folder at the bottom of the screen.  Real easy and fool proof.          
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:55 am

On 2008-12-22 11:53, Toli wrote:

Although I don't have that much photography experience I am learning as I go, and am having fun doing it.

Toli- You can learn the craft of photography from any one of many sources on line or at a local college or community college, but only the joy you feel for going out and capturing images of the world around you can bring forth and develop the Art of Photography that already exists within you through the experience of taking 1,000's of pictures and thereby exercising and developing your artistic abilities.

I took the picture below with my first Digital camera which was a 1999 2.1MP Canon S-10. I took well over 100 pictures of the same subject under different natural lighting conditions over several days and chose this picture out of all the totally unique pictures that I took. I picked up this method from my Dad who has been doing photography since the 1940's as he has been my greatest influence in both the Craft and Art of Photography for over 40 years.

~Maxx~

PS- My 78 year old Dad was out on a photo shoot the other day when he slipped and fell in the snow out in the woods behind his house on the Tualatin River. Some people came by and offered to help him up and he replied "No thanks, as long as I am down here I think I'll take some pictures!"

To me that exemplifies the Spirit of a Truly Dedicated Photographer...

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:10 pm

On 2008-12-22 15:55, Maxxwire wrote:

Toli- You can learn the craft of photography from any one of many sources on line or at a local college or community college, but only the joy you feel for going out and capturing images of the world around you can bring forth and develop the Art of Photography that already exists within you through the experience of taking 1,000's of pictures and thereby exercising and developing your artistic abilities.

Maxx,

Thanks to you (and your Dad) for the tip, I will use it. Use of this method sure benefits from digital photography.

Toli

P.S. I hope that you don't mind, but I just have to ask; What is this a picture of (not the building, but the cylinder that you shot the picture through)?

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:30 pm

Toli- The cylinder is part of a children's playground located across the street from a kindergarten hence the need for a security camera in front of the school.

There is another such cylinder on the other side of the park where there is no need for a security camera and this is the picture I took of it...

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Toli- Am I correct in remembering that you were the one who guessed what this picture that I took was of when I first posted it a few years ago?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:32 pm

We had another foot of snow again last night! I can't remember this much snow since the winter of '69! While I was out today shooting another 400+ pictures I met a truly dedicated photographer on skis taking pictures with his Nikon D-300.

In some of the very first reviews I read on the Sony DSC H-9 there was a professional photographer who used a Nikon D-300 for his work who said that when he went hiking the D-300 was just too big and bulky to carry so he would take his Sony DSC H-9 instead and he said that no one he showed the pictures to could tell the difference between those pictures and the ones he had taken with the D-300.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Quick Link to MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:59 pm

On 2008-12-22 20:49, Maxxwire wrote:

Toli- Am I correct in remembering that you were the one who guessed what this picture that I took was of when I first posted it a few years ago?

~Maxx~

Maxx,

Honestly, I don't remember, but it could have been me.

It looks like a fountain and the water had frozen. Is that correct?

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Toli- You are correct in the sense that about 5 years ago I used my 2.1MP Cannon S-10 Digital Camera to 'freeze' the water in this picture of a type of drinking fountain we call a BENSON BUBBLER. It took me 100+ shots over several days and at different times of day in early March of 2004 when I first got the camera having never done Digital photography before, but I finally got the picture that I was looking for and it remains one of my very favorites even though by today's standards it was taken with such a humble and technically challenged camera.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Quick Link to MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Previous

Return to Camera Misc.