[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Toli just got a DSLR-A100K!

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:29 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Toli just got a DSLR-A100K!

Toli just got a DSLR-A100K!

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Toli- You did an excellent job of framing your house in the picture by having the tree branches break up the sky above it which gives the picture an excellent overall composition.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:10 am

Maxx,

Thanks, I thought it would be a nice touch. I am looking at additional lenses. But I don't want a ton of lenses, just two more. I think maybe a 70-300mm and a telephoto, but I haven't narrowed it down yet.

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:50 am

Above is Mount Winthrop Harbor!

Below is Toli's truck.

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:35 pm

On 2008-12-14 10:10, Toli wrote:
Maxx,

I think maybe a 70-300mm and a telephoto, but I haven't narrowed it down yet.

Toli

Toli- 70-300mm is a very good range and will get you plenty close to most subjects and even at the top of that range Sony's Steady Shot will deliver very clear and usable images with a tight focus that both post and print extremely well.

As far as close up photography is concerned I've been considering getting a .45X Wide Angle Lens with Macro, but I'm still sifting through the many candidates because like you I refuse to have more than 2 optional lenses.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks for the pictures Toli!

Some real nice shots. The first picture of the front of your home captures this time of year for us perfectly, dark, gloomy and cold. How about that wind this weekend! BTW, fantastic looking home.

Your Yukon looks three dementia, great depth to the picture.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share with us. Have fun!

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:04 pm

jttar,

Thanks. I am finding out that picture taking is alot more fun with this camera!

Toli

P.S. What did you think of Mount Winthrop Harbor?

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:07 pm

On 2008-12-14 17:35, Maxxwire wrote:

As far as close up photography is concerned I've been considering getting a .45X Wide Angle Lens with Macro, but I'm still sifting through the many candidates because like you I refuse to have more than 2 optional lenses.

~Maxx~

Maxx,

I may be asking a little advice from you regarding lense options. I am not sure exactly how much you know about lenses, but just from what I read on Agoraquest, it seems to be alot more than I.

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Toli- The very best advise that I could give you right now about lenses would be to deeply appreciate the Sony DT 18-70mm f/3.5 - 5.6 lens that your A-100K came with. There are many reasons that Sony uses this exact same lens on its Alpha Series DSLR cameras all the way up to the A-700K and many of those reasons are revealed in this lens' distinguished spec sheet...

If at some point in the future you find that you need to bring the objects that you want to photograph in closer to fill the frame with a full 10.2 megapixel image rather than use cropping to accomplish the task then you will have to consider a lens with a longer focal length, but until that time comes you can enjoy all of the high quality images that the very highly competent DT 18-70mm f/3.5 - 5.6 lens is capable of bringing into your Sony A-100.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:14 am

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Toli- You will never go wrong with a Sony aftermarket lens like the Sony SAL-75300 f/4.5-5.6 Telephoto Zoom Lens for your A-100 and the price you found on eBay beats both the SonyStyle and Crutchfield price by about $75!

You would definately not get anywhere near the same kind of excellent picture quality with the $179.95 Kenko 420-1600mm 32X Super Telephoto lens. This kit includes a 420-800mm lens along with a 2X Tele Converter to double the focal length to the maximum to 1600mm. To get an idea of how the Kenko build quality compares with genuine Sony Optics the 2X Tele Converter alone built to Sony quality standard costs TWICE AS MUCH as the entire Kenko kit, lens and all! The longer the focal length you want to shoot at the more important it is to maintain lens quality...

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Camera Misc.