[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Toli just got a DSLR-A100K!

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:34 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Toli just got a DSLR-A100K!

Toli just got a DSLR-A100K!

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Toli » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:13 pm

I just bought a DSLR-A100K to replace my DSC-T1. So far I really like it, but Ihave to say that this is based on limited experience with the camera.

Does anyone have any good experiences with this camera or tips that they would like to share?

Toli
-----------------
KF-50WE610 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,LAT V1-5 component,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:40 pm

Toli- Congratulations! The 10.2 MP DSLR-A100K is several huge steps up from the 5 MP DSC-T1 not only in the size of its CCD, but also the quality of its interchangable 18mm-70mm Zeiss lens. You can look forward to taking some much higher quality pictures starting with this holiday season. It looks as though you got an early visit from Santa this year and a very nice and well deserved gift for all those long hours you have been spending furthering your education.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by claudio » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Very nice camera

The good:
10.2 megapixels; in-camera image stabilization; eye-start autofocus.

The bad:
ISO tops out at ISO 1,600; auto white balance is warm with tungsten light.

The bottom line:
Sony's Alpha DSLR-A100 deserves consideration whether you're looking for an alternative to Canon and Nikon, you already own a selection of Maxxum AF lenses, or you're looking for your first digital SLR.

Specifications:
Digital camera type: SLR; Resolution: 10.2 megapixels; Optical zoom: 3.9 x;

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 pm

You also have the option of getting some VERY NICE OPTIONAL LENSES for your new Sony Digital SLR.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:10 am

On 2008-12-10 02:15, Maxxwire wrote:

You also have the option of getting some VERY NICE OPTIONAL LENSES for your new Sony Digital SLR.

~Maxx~

Maxx,

That is pretty cool. Apparently Sony's Alpha series uses the same lens mount as Konica Minolta's old Maxxum dSLRs, and most Maxxum AF lenses and third-party AF-mount lenses work with the DSLR-A100. This should give me a ton of lense choices!

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Toli,

Good to see you back on the board. Congratulations on your new "toy". It is a beautiful looking camera and I bet it's pictures will be just as beautiful.

I would love to see some of the details that 10.2 megapixel is capable of.
You know how I love pictures!

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:37 am

Hey Joe,

It is a nice camera, and thank you for saying so. I was looking for a Sony H9 like Maxx has, because I remembered the very nice pictures he took with it and posted here, and also it looks like a really cool camera, but I couldn't find a deal I was happy with. Then I considered a Sony H10 (Best Buy had just lowered their price), but on my way to Best Buy I came across a deal on the A100K that I couldn't pass up!

I appreciate the welcome back. I am still in school full time and working full time. But I recently started a new job and I am not as overwhelmed as I used to be. If things stay like they are now, or at least somewhat like they are, I will have time to post on Agoraquest. Being part of Agoraquest is something that I have missed doing.

I will be glad to post some pictures. I wish the weather was better, then the boats would be in the water at our local marina. I would love to go to Northpoint Marina (location: Winthrop Harbor, IL) and take some pictures. I think that some really nice pictures could be taken there.

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Toli,

It sounds like you have more than a full schedule going between work and school. Hang in there. Glad to hear that you will have more time to participate here at Agoraquest and that your new job is less stressful.

Hopefully the weather will ease up and you will be able to get some shots of Northpoint Marina. I look forward to seeing pics of the gorgeous lake that we share.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Okay, here is my first attempt. I took this picture early in the morning yesterday. I left everything set to auto.

Toli

-----------------
KF-50WE610 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,LAT V1-5 component,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by claudio » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Great Picture. Looks like a High Definition still frame from a movie.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Next

Return to Camera Misc.