[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony recording?

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:21 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony recording?

Sony recording?

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Gordie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:56 am

I want to record Hi Def TV images from a TV station channnel with my Sony HDR-SR12 using a digital input, like a HDMI cable. Is there a way to record/capture other than using the camera lens?
Gordie
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Welcome to the forum.  The only way to digitally record HDTV programming is with an HD Tivo, satellite or cable box.  You will have to use the camera lens, like the movie pirates do when copying a bootleg DVD.

At least you can use a tripod to steady the camera, and don't have to worry about someone passing in front of the lens on their way to the snack bar or bathrooms.       
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Gordie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 am

Thanks for your info, however I have tried recording using the camera lens and there is screen noise that is captured from the TV screen. It is not the solution I need. I really need a camera line IN from the TV into the camera but the camera does not have this.

So I am out of luck. The ticket is to have a Blu-Ray DVD recordable unit but I do not have this yet. Oh well...!!!!
Gordie
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:16 pm

Gordie- You can also use your computer as a DVR if you install a TV Tuner Card-

PC 54 Slot applications are also available from HAUPPAUGE. After using a Hauppauge TV Tuner Card in my HP Pavillion the ATSC Tuner in my new Bravia was a huge disappointment in that it couldn't pick up nearly as many channels and having a 1TB external drive to record HD programs to saved me $500 that I didn't have to spend on a Tivo Series 3 DVR.  

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Return to Camera Misc.