Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:249
    Members:0
    Total of:249 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

XBOX and DVI cable. Dashboard
    Replies: 6 | Views: 3,061
    Last Reply: October 21, 2003, 9:40 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    smd4420 | MHC | ebullen | kotto2 | cdann |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author XBOX and DVI cable.
    kotto2

Posted: 2003-09-24 12:56

Hi,

I Just got my KV34HS510 (it's unbelievable) and was wondering if they make a DVI cable to connect the Xbox. I know they make component, but I am using them for my HD cable box and DVD player. Is it worth using a HD input if I'm not playing HD games? Also, How do normal (not HD) games look stretched to the wide screen?

Thanks

ebullen

Posted: 2003-09-24 13:39

kotto,

There is not a DVI cable for the Xbox. But the component connection looks outstanding. And with the xbox, all games are at least 480p so there is an advantage to using the component connection even if they are not 720p or 1080i. You just have to decide if you would rather have your DVDs look their best, or the Xbox. Or you could get a receiver with at least two component video inputs and that would solve your problem. JVC makes a component video switcher that's not too expensive. That's another option. I have the KV32HS510 (4:3) so I don't know how stretched games would look. Hope I answered your questions.

MHC

Posted: 2003-09-24 13:57

I ended up with a new DVD player that has DVI output. I still will end up with a component switching amp, since both PS2 and Xbox has component out plus the HD cable box.

You might not want to waste the DVI output on the Xbox anyway since it is fairly limited (i.e. 480P and 1080i). In addition, the DVI in on the Sony will not let you do any digital changes (i.e. Wide Zoom/Full/Normal or DRC) so whatever shows up on DVI in terms of aspect ratio and format, it will show up on Sony unchangable.

cdann

Posted: 2003-10-12 03:44

I have a KP-57WS510 with the DVI input and was just trying to play DVD's with my Samsung DVD player that has the DVI output but can only get 480p and 720p, when I try to display 1080i on the Sony I get snow. I imagine the DVD player is working correctly since I can see the 720p fine on the sony but I am wondering if there is an internal settin on the TV I have to select to display interlaced format via DVI.

cdann

Posted: 2003-10-12 04:21

Never Mind I found a post that solves this problem, apparently my Samsung HD931 needs a firmware update to be compatible with the Sony at the 1080i signal level, complete post here:

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8167&forum=25

cdann

Posted: 2003-10-12 04:22

Samsung HD-931 DVI Firmware Update

smd4420
    Premium Member

Posted: 2003-10-21 09:40

Enter the matrix for xbox supports 1080i!!!

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.