Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:202
    Members:1
    Total of:203 users
    MemberLogged
    gnuse1.9 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Sony PIP question Dashboard
    Replies: 2 | Views: 1,463
    Last Reply: September 15, 2003, 7:41 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    dakota_tech | earthwormmike | fusion |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Sony PIP question
    earthwormmike

Posted: 2003-09-13 12:32

I work for Sony, and I've run across something interesting a few times. Some owners of the fs-100 series televisions have had a pip window come up. Because their remotes don't have a control for pip, they have no way to turn it off or control the channel it's showing (usually the same as the big screen). We usually suggest auto-programming again because that shuts down any pip windows.
    My question is this. I own a kv27fs100, and I'm wondering of I purchase a remote with pip controls, and go into the service menu and enable pip with the ID-3 setting (which is supposed to enable/disable pip), will I have pip? And yes I know it would have to be set up with a vcr to watch another channel.
    I'm wondering if anyone has an answer before I go out and buy a remote. Not that I really want to use pip anyway, but just out of interest.

fusion

Posted: 2003-09-13 21:48

Hey I don't know the answer. But being that you work for sony, could you please tell me how to access the service menu. A tech messed up my grid. He replaced the picture tubes; BLUE, GREEN, and RED. He did a poor job aligning the grids, and my picture looks tilted. Please help if possible. I have the Sony HDTV ready 57 in widscreen KP-57WS500. Thanks

[ This message was edited by: fusion on 2003-09-13 21:48 ]

dakota_tech

Posted: 2003-09-15 07:41

No. You will not have PIP. The micro is used on several models, and therefore has the brains to work with PIP. But your chassis doesn't have the circuitry to produce PIP.

Dakota

-----------------
    http://www.fixyourowntv.com

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.