Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:181
    Members:0
    Total of:181 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

My XBR450 service menu settings. Dashboard
    Replies: 0 | Views: 1,901
    Last Reply: April 22, 2003, 3:28 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    nemesis009 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author My XBR450 service menu settings.
    nemesis009

Posted: 2003-04-22 03:28

I was recently tinkering around with some items within my 450's service menu, because I felt the image displayed in PRO was a little too blurry. I looked at the crispness of the lines in VIVID and I wanted to find the setting that was responsible for that. My intentions were to find that setting and add a little of it to PRO to even out the definition of the picture somewhat. So, I will share with you what I did. I'm not going to go into how to get to the service menu because it has been documented many times here before.

First realize the service menu is a delicate thing and shouldn't be played around with (plus it can void your warranty).

Okay, the first thing I did was I made every picture mode the same as PRO. The settings that need to be changed in order to do this are as follows...

2150P-3
    UVML
    VMDL
    SHOF
    SHFO
    F1LV
    CDSP
    LTLV
    LTMD
    UCOF
    MIDE <---(I left these settings alone)

2150P-4
    UPIC
    UBRT
    UCOL
    USHP
    UHUE <---(not sure if this needed changing)
    UTMP
    UGAM

Now before you change anything, make sure to WRITE down the original settings for each and everything you intend to change.

The the settings I found to be the most interesting were SHOF, F1LV, and LTLV. I keep SHOF and LTLV at there PRO setting but I changed F1LV to 1 from its original PRO setting of 0. Then I changed UTMP to 0 from its original setting 1, and UGAM to 0 as well. F1LV made the biggest difference, this setting under VIVID is set at 3 (it's highest setting). Setting it to 1 added just enough definition to lines that I was looking for. I tried 2 but felt it was a bit too much. Feel free to tinker with SHOF, LTLV, and F1LV. These settings seem to have the biggest effect on picture detail.

Once I finished with the service menu, I proceeded to configure the user picture settings. Aside from the obvious like turning off the VM and setting pic temp at "low", I adjusted my other settings as follows...

# = number of sticks full.
    Picture: 32 or half full
    Brightness: 40
    Color: 23
    Sharpness: 26

Now of course these are my personal settings and individual tastes will vary. I feel these settings along with the few service menu changes make PS2, XBOX, and GCN games look fantastic plus my DirecTV is looking a bit better as well, and DVDs of course are jaw-dropping. Again if you want to change your service menu setting, make sure to WRITE down the original settings BEFORE you change them. That's why if you screw up or don't like what you've done you can easily change the settings back to their defaults. You can also just change picture modes or inputs to restore the defaults if you hadn't saved the settings to the TV first. Anyway, happy customizing.

Disclaimer: Within the service menu are settings that can ruin your TV. By entering and changing settings you are doing so at you own risk (and voiding your warranty). Also these setting are the items for the XBR450 and could be different in older or newer XBR models.

-Will

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.