Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:189
    Members:1
    Total of:190 users
    MemberLogged
    Maxxwire34.2 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Vertical compression and UHF/VHF connection on FS100 Dashboard
    Replies: 2 | Views: 1,272
    Last Reply: April 14, 2003, 1:03 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Jeff_Lam | soccerstud652 | Samwise |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Vertical compression and UHF/VHF connection on FS100
    Samwise

Posted: 2003-04-10 15:00

Newbie here, sorry if this question has been asked a thousand times. I recently bought a Sony Wega KV-32FS100 32" TV and I was wondering about the vertical compression that it comes with. I was watching the Lord of the Rings Extended Version (widescreen) and decided to turn on the 16:9 vertical compression because I read that it would increase the resolution. Well, the resolution was increased and it looked great except that everything was scrunched down and everything was shorter and fatter than it should have been. It doesn't seem like this is such a great option if it distorts the picture. Am I doing something wrong or does it have something to do with my DVD player or my connection? I have a Toshiba single disc DVD player currently connected with a S-video cable. Also, the UHF/VHF connector does not accept my attenna. The small wire in the middle of the attenna connector won't fit in the hole in the middle of the connection in the back of the TV. Has anyone ever heard of this and is there anything I can do? Thanks.

soccerstud652

Posted: 2003-04-10 16:59

ok you have to set your dvd player to widescreen mode...then it will look amazing

Jeff_Lam

Posted: 2003-04-14 13:03

That's right. Set the DVD player to 16x9 wide mode in the dvd menu display options. This only works with anamorphic DVD's.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.