Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:179
    Members:0
    Total of:179 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Geometry and green/blue tinge problems with 36KVHS500 Dashboard
    Replies: 4 | Views: 1,282
    Last Reply: April 14, 2003, 12:41 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    NiteHawk | Jeff_Lam | grico |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Geometry and green/blue tinge problems with 36KVHS500
    grico

Posted: 2003-04-10 12:52

I've been having all sorts of problems with HD(ready)TVs the last few weeks. We purchased a Toshiba 36FHX72 that got damaged at the time of delivery, so we had to wait an extra week to get the TV. We got a new one and we immediately noticed a 1/4-inch bow in the middle of the screen. We returned the TV, and the good guys from BestBuy raplaced it with a Sony KV36HS500. This TV is really good and we are really happy with it, except for two defects. It also bows in the middle (1/8 inch) and it has a blue/green patch in the upper-right corner.

The bowing problem is not too bad and can almost be corrected with VCEN and VPIN adjustments. I say "almost" because VCEN dropped to zero a VPIN set to 12 indicates a physical problem.

The green patch is what bothers me the most, and no matter how many times it gets degaussed the patch always comes back.

I know this could be an orientation issue, but it is a dynamic convergence problem (corner convergence) caused by a magnet not positioned correctly.

I called a "Sony" tech and he told me that this is normal and there was nothing he could do. He even told me that there are lot of TVs with this problem, and if I wanted to exchange it, it is very likely that I'd get another one with the same problem if not worse. He is right a bunch of TVs out there have the problem.

I was about to just forget it, when I decided to talk with a senior tech from Sony. I explained the situation and told me that the problem is not normal, and he would discuss it with the guy who came to my house the other day. I don't know if they are going to call me back. If they don't I'll take a vacation for now and deal with it later. I may use those Radio Shack magnets recommended somewhere else.

If they do fix it, I'll tell you what they did.

Would you replace it? At least I know what this one has...

NiteHawk

Posted: 2003-04-10 13:02

I would reposition the monitor for a couple of days before the tech comes over.

Even you state that it might be an orientation problem, so move that beast and see what happens.

grico

Posted: 2003-04-10 13:16

Beast is a good way to describe it. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

grico

Posted: 2003-04-11 13:00

Hey NiteHawk,

I moved the TV around and it's really hard to believe how sensitive this things is. I moved it facing south and the green patch got worse. I moved it facing north and the green patch went away, but got a yellow (brownish) patch on the other side. I put it back where it was and the green came back but it was lighter..so I guess the problem IS the orientation...again is hard to believe.. I am going to keep this TV as changing it won't make any difference.

Thanks!

Jeff_Lam

Posted: 2003-04-14 12:41

Do you have unshielded speakers close to the set at all? Magnetic fields from speakers cause green tint all over the screen. Try to isolate the TV from all electronic components for a few days except your sat or cable. Turn it on and off like normal to degauss several times a day and see if it goes away.

If you have any speakers at all in the same room try removing them to a different room altogether to try to fix the problem for the few days.

If the tv is fine after this. add the electronic components back 1 by one, but not speakers. You must get shielded speakers if they will be close to the TV at all.

[ This message was edited by: Jeff_Lam on 2003-04-14 12:43 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.