Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:214
    Members:0
    Total of:214 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

KV-32FV300 Problems Dashboard
    Replies: 6 | Views: 1,801
    Last Reply: April 2, 2003, 12:47 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    wdsnls | Jeff_Lam | DTOX | as109 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author KV-32FV300 Problems
    as109

Posted: 2003-03-27 17:04

I just got the KV-32FV300. Looks absolutely great when I play DVDs (except for the waving that occurs when panning -- but I could live with that). However, when watching cable, the picture looks like crap. Some of the colors bleed and diagnal lines look very bright. Also the scan lines are visible. Is there any way to fix this or should I simply return? Thanks.

Jeff_Lam

Posted: 2003-03-27 17:37

Your cable signal must be pretty bad. No matter how good the set is, if what goes in is bad, what comes out is going to be bad too.

"Garbage in, Garbage out..."

If you can see scan lines then you may be sitting to close. Do you see the scan lines on non-anamorphic DVD (no 16x9 squeeze on the TV)?

If so, you may want to look into the 32HV600 or 32HS500.

These HD set's have line doublers built in. This will not help with cable though. Most likely will be worse due to the line doubler, will double the garbage as well as the picture.

wdsnls

Posted: 2003-03-27 18:15

>Looks absolutely great when I play DVDs (except for the waving that occurs when panning -- but I could live with that).

Do you have the DVD Player set to 16:9?

as109

Posted: 2003-03-28 10:30

>If you can see scan lines then you may be sitting to close. Do you see the scan lines on non-anamorphic DVD (no 16x9 squeeze on the TV)?

yes, I see the lines on non-anamorphic DVDs. I'm sitting 8 feet away from the set. Any more than that and I don't see the point in having a large screen -- I can just sit close and watch my 20" set (which looks much better!).

>If so, you may want to look into the 32HV600 or 32HS500.

I've looked at them -- very nice, but pricey.

>These HD set's have line doublers built in. This will not help with cable though. Most likely will be worse due to the line doubler, will double the garbage as well as the picture.

Perhaps it's time I get DirectTV.

[ This message was edited by: as109 on 2003-03-28 10:32 ]

as109

Posted: 2003-03-28 10:32

Quote:

On 2003-03-27 18:15, wdsnls wrote:
    >Looks absolutely great when I play DVDs (except for the waving that occurs when panning -- but I could live with that).

Do you have the DVD Player set to 16:9?

Yep

DTOX

Posted: 2003-04-01 15:56

Ditto on that. I have a 27" Wega and seeing the scan-lines is aboslutely driving me up the wall!!!

Are there any adjustments I can do that can get rid of the scan-line problem???

Jeff_Lam

Posted: 2003-04-02 12:47

The only thing you can do is back away(sit further away) from the set till the scan lines dissapear(you don't notice them anymore).

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.