Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:187
    Members:0
    Total of:187 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index MD/CD/SACD

222Es Dashboard
    Replies: 2 | Views: 1,347
    Last Reply: December 31, 2003, 10:10 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    rb | Crack | GaryWGraley |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author 222Es
    Crack

Posted: 2003-03-11 05:42

I bought Dianna Krall's sacd yesterday and rushed home to play my FIRST sacd. I noticed on a few tracks that there was a staticy,hiss noise if you know what I mean. Almost the same noise that would come from a scratch from an LP. (yea strange huh). Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has the problem with this sacd or is it the player, or is it me ? The album is book of love. I thought it sounded great except for that sssssssss in a few tracks. Thanks !!

SONY FOREVER

[ This message was edited by: Crack on 2003-03-11 05:44 ]

rb

Posted: 2003-03-12 23:05

I have noticed on a couple of my discs that you can actually hear defects that may have not been noticable on a normal CD. The worst example is on my Stevie Ray Vaughan SACD ,Couldn't Stand the Weather track 6 has a buzz that it picked up from somewhere in the recordind studio.SACD will reveal recordings warts and all.

GaryWGraley

Posted: 2003-12-31 22:10

Found your thread when I searched for Diana Krall, which I just picked up the DVD, "Live in Paris" and possibly what you are hearing is a brush on the drum sets?
    When I was listening to it I heard what you are talking about and it threw me as I thought, perfect, crappy sound...but then I noticed that it went away and was timed when the drummer was brushing against the cymbals with his "brush". Which gives a hissing, harsh sound at times. So I was relieved after I figured out the source of the noise!
    If you've not gotten this dvd, highly recommend it! And it's in DTS!
    Happy New Year everyone!
    G2

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.