Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:234
    Members:1
    Total of:235 users
    MemberLogged
    jwakefield0.0 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

46WT500- color looks weird Dashboard
    Replies: 1 | Views: 1,200
    Last Reply: February 25, 2003, 11:18 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    nino1919 | Lakerman_Damned |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author 46WT500- color looks weird
    Lakerman_Damned

Posted: 2003-02-18 00:29

Hello guys,
    I'm new to the rptv scene and just purchased the 46WT500. I had to bring the tv up a flight of stairs carrying it at an odd angle and now upon watching the television, I am not enthused about the outcome. I have digital cable (time warner), and I did the flash focus setting an hour after playing a little PS2 and flicking through some channels (and I actually tweaked with the brightness and sharpness before doing the flash focus as well). The channels look a little grainy, but I believe that's due to the digital cable... As far as the color, it just doesn't look right; the reds look to bright and the colors just look washed-up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do or know what's going on?? Do I need to get it professionally calibrated? And what else can I do to improve the "graniness" of the picture besides getting rid of digital cable?

Thanks for your time and I apologize about the long message,

Lakerman

nino1919

Posted: 2003-02-25 23:18

to get rid of alot of the grainyness, you can turn down sharpness to about 25-30%.
    here are my setting

Pro Mode
    Contrast- 25-30%
    Brightness- 35-45%
    Color- from the middle, 4 clicks to the left
    Tint- middle
    Sharpness- 25-35%

Also let your tv break in. as the tv breaks in the picture will become MUCH better.

Calibration by a ISF tech is highly recommended but i would wait for the first 500 hours before getting it ISF'ed

[ This message was edited by: nino1919 on 2003-02-25 23:21 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.