Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:228
    Members:0
    Total of:228 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

I Cannot Get in Service Mode!!!! Dashboard
    Replies: 9 | Views: 2,696
    Last Reply: February 7, 2003, 10:45 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    guller | paulaceto | sfurrer | Freddy1 | The_Sim |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author I Cannot Get in Service Mode!!!!
    The_Sim

Posted: 2003-02-06 18:20

I have tried the

Power Off - Display , 5 , Volume + , Power On

or

Power Off - Display , 5 , Power On

I have done it fast and faster but still no go. First of all, do I need to press any of those at the same time? I have tried doing Power Off and Display together and not together but still no go. My remote does not have a Power Off. It has a Power. I am asuming it is the same button. The TV has to be On when you start the sequence right? Otherwise it would be Power On and not Power Off. Any ideas what I ma doing wrong?

paulaceto

Posted: 2003-02-06 19:34

Start with the TV turned off. Press PWR OFF and DISP together, then the other buttons in sequence.

The_Sim

Posted: 2003-02-06 21:52

I have the RM-Y168 remote. It does not have a power off. Only a power. Press it once it goes on, twice it goes off. I have tried with the TV off and most of the times it turns the TV on right away. Other times it does not work.

sfurrer

Posted: 2003-02-07 08:22

The_Sim,
    With the TV turned off, press Display , then 5 , then Volume +, then Power. I have the RM-Y168 Remote for my XBR800 and it works as above...you don't need to push any of the buttons at the same time, just one followed very quickly by the next and so on...

Hope this helps.

sfurrer

-----------------
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

[ This message was edited by: sfurrer on 2003-02-07 08:23 ]

Freddy1

Posted: 2003-02-07 09:36

The Sim, I just adjusted the Red Push on my 40XBR800. What you have to do is press the buttons in sequence rapidly, and make adjustments using an input not in use(video1,video2,video3,etc..)it's less distracting. Put the tv in mode(input)not in use and turn it off. Then do the sequence rapidly. You should get a black screen with green numbers and letters.....good luck

The_Sim

Posted: 2003-02-07 11:25

I tried what you said sfurrer but it still did not work. I do it as fast as I can and still no go.

I ma not sure that I follow what you mean by "make adjustments using an input not in use" Freddy1. Why is it less distracting?

Freddy1

Posted: 2003-02-07 12:23

The first time I tried it I had it on aux(cable). The green numbers and letters came up but so did a TV program. Its hard to concentrate on what your doing on-screen with the news on at the same time. I turned the tv off. Turned it back on and put it on video 3. An input Im not using at this time. Did the sequence thing again and voila...black screen with just the numbers on it...follow Jeff Lam's instructions and it's pretty simple.

guller

Posted: 2003-02-07 13:01

You don't have to go as fast as you can. Pressing the buttons within 1 sec of each other is enough. Make sure your remote is on the TV setting and not sat or vcr or other. What set do you have?

gull

[ This message was edited by: guller on 2003-02-07 13:03 ]

The_Sim

Posted: 2003-02-07 13:20

Quote:

On 2003-02-07 13:01, guller wrote:
    What set do you have?

gull

[ This message was edited by: guller on 2003-02-07 13:03 ]

I have a KV-32FS12

The_Sim

Posted: 2003-02-07 22:45

Finally figured it out. I have to do:

Display - 5 - Vol + - Power

After the TV comes on normally with no service mode info I do TV/Video and the service mode info comes.

Go figure!

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.