Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:247
    Members:0
    Total of:247 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index MD/CD/SACD

Cony CDP-CX455 vs CX-450? Dashboard
    Replies: 7 | Views: 2,251
    Last Reply: November 5, 2003, 3:39 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    duncan | AaronB | mannhole1 | oneguysomewhere |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Cony CDP-CX455 vs CX-450?
    mannhole1

Posted: 2003-01-06 08:45

I have a Sony CDP-CX455. I want to connect it to my TV. If I buy a Sony CDP-CX450 will I be able to display both changers info on my TV through the 450? Or will it only show the 450's discs?

I saw a product from Nirvis called the Slink-e, but I heard connecting the pc to the TV produces lousy picture quality. What's your experience here?

Also, I know that Escient (www.escient.com) makes a system that allows you to connect to the TV (Tunebase 200), but it is pricy, about $1000. Are there other products like the Escient products at a lower price point?

[ This message was edited by: mannhole1 on 2003-01-06 08:45 ]

AaronB

Posted: 2003-02-05 15:42

Quote:
    I have a Sony CDP-CX455. I want to connect it to my TV. If I buy a Sony CDP-CX450 will I be able to display both changers info on my TV through the 450?

Yes.
    Note that the 450 may not (probably will not) control the playback of MP3 discs in the 455 properly. Other than that, everything should work fine.

oneguysomewhere

Posted: 2003-11-01 14:59

A bit of a delay in replying to this email , but I was thinking of purchasing a CDP-CX455. I already have two CX450s linked together, and I wanted to get the 455 to add MP3 capability to the mix.

However, AaronB mentioned that the 450 may not control the 455 MP3 sound properly ...

It sounded like this comment was a caution to do some more investigation to figure out the answer for sure. Does anyone know if there is any info on this in the 455 manual, or elsewhere ?

Also, what if the 455 is used to control the 450 instead of the other way around ?

Thanks for any possible assistance.

Jeff

AaronB

Posted: 2003-11-03 09:56

Quote:
    Also, what if the 455 is used to control the 450 instead of the other way around ?

In this case, you would probably be able to play all discs, including MP3, just fine. But, you would not get the On screen display that the 450 has.

Note that you cannot connect together 3 mega-changers with the intention of controlling all of them from one of them. You can have three mega changers in your system, but only two of them will communicate with each other (they are the two set to command modes CD2 and CD3).

oneguysomewhere

Posted: 2003-11-03 10:27

Thanks for the info.

I guess the inability to control all three players from one player is relevant, as my desire would be to do a random shuffle of all my CDs ( in all players ) using cross fade. Obviously this works with 2 players.

So, can I assume that this particular application would not work with 3 players because it needs one to control all three ?

AaronB

Posted: 2003-11-04 10:27

Quote:
    So, can I assume that this particular application would not work with 3 players because it needs one to control all three ?

That is correct

You are not without options.
    One option is to use a product called Slink-e. This is a little black box that plugs into your PC, and provides several Control-A1, Control-S, and IR in and out ports. The software is free, but you have to pay for the hardware, which costs about as much as another CD changer! (~US$250). The free software includes a jukebox program which will organize all of your CD's (including disc & track name download over the internet via CDDB) and let you pick a tune to play using a nice graphical interface. It even supports your MP3 collection side-by-side with your CD's. And yes, it will allow shuffle play between all connected players (supports up to 12 I think). I am not affiliated with the Slink-e in any way, although I've wanted one for a long time

duncan

Posted: 2003-11-04 12:02

AaronB, I have book marked that site for the Slink-e...what a fantastic product. I am designing and building a HTPC with plugins to do everything from ripping DV tapes on to DVDs to streaming MP3s over wifi however, I never considered using actual CDs instead of MP3's as the source ...unfortunatly it does bump up the cost of the project...hence bookmarking and not buying
    Cheers,
    Duncan

oneguysomewhere

Posted: 2003-11-05 15:39

[QUOTE]

One option is to use a product called Slink-e....
    It even supports your MP3 collection side-by-side with your CD's. And yes, it will allow shuffle play between all connected players (supports up to 12 I think).

OK....
    I actually saw the slink-e mentioned on the site, and checked it out. I wasn't sure if it was able to shuffle between multiple systems or not, though. It sounds like a very cool system. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks again for the info.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.