Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:205
    Members:1
    Total of:206 users
    MemberLogged
    Johnnycanso69 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

Where is the H-STAT in a KV-27HS420 television? Dashboard
    Replies: 5 | Views: 805
    Last Reply: December 23, 2012, 12:18 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jehill | mbt_junkyard | Willsie83 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Where is the H-STAT in a KV-27HS420 television?
    Willsie83

Posted: 2012-12-22 01:45

I'm looking for the H-STAT in my Sony KV-27HS420.  In any description it is a plastic box that sits mounted to the picture tube's shield.  It's red in color and has a single knob on it.  The flyback's HV output wire goes into the H-STAT and another HV wire exists the H-STAT and connects to the anode cap on the picture tube. I'm not seeing a red plastic box like the description, but a cluster of gray and black "boxes" where the HV wire from the anode cap connects to. I'd like to find a diagram of the back of this TV so I could make sure I'm finding the H-STAT correctly, but I can't be sure this is it.  Short question: where is the H-STAT for my television?

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2012-12-22 10:06

Welcome to Agoraquest!  The H-STAT adjustment is RV9001 on the CH board.  Viewing the set from the rear, the CH board is the board mounted perpendicular to the end of the neck of the CRT.  It is sandwiched against the CRT socket.  Electrically it is connected to Pin 1 of the CRT.  Again, viewed from the rear, it is on the top side of the board near the right edge.  You will see it if you look around the right edge of the board.

The fly-back's HV out goes directly to the anode cap through a round HV cable holder.

The above information was obtained by studying the service manual.

Willsie83

Posted: 2012-12-22 16:15

Thank you jehill for helping me find my H-STAT.  The reason for the OP was because my tv is shutting itself off and giving the seven blinking standby light service code.  I've found a workaround for this, but my tv seems to have a slightly different configuration than the workaround's tv.

"If you've determined that the HV is fine, and the H-STAT is shutting down for no reason, it's possible to bypass. There is a little brown wire coming out the bottom of the H-STAT which goes to a 3-pin connector. Two wires have a jumper, and the brown wire goes to the other. Snip the brown wire at the H-STAT and the TV will continue to function normally."

As is, my H-STAT has one black wire connecting it to a device on J9001.  I'd like to try this workaround.  Is there an equivalent to this "brown wire" in the workaround, possibly configured somewhere else in the tv? Maybe it is this one black wire?

mbt_junkyard

Posted: 2012-12-23 08:51

Hmmm, I'm not experienced with these USA sets, but when I read something regarding a small 3-pin connector coming from the H-STAT unit in combination with the word "workaround" I'm starting to be a little afraid....

Inside the H-STAT-block there will be a voltage divider which sends it's output via the 3-pin connector to a circuit what has to check the value of the EHT (extra high tension).

A "workaround" without exact knowlegde could result in a protection circuit or a regulation circuit becoming inoperative, which could harm good or body!

If the EHT exceeds the maximum allowed value, significant X-ray radiation will occur, which is harmful.
    Please take this in consideration and consult a qualified repair technician.  

[ This message was edited by: mbt_junkyard on 2012-12-23 08:54 ]

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2012-12-23 09:38

J9001 is the socket for the picture tube.  One end of RV9001 is connected via J9001 to Pin 1 of the CRT.  The other side of RV9001 is connected to CRT GND.  The label CV appears next to Pin 1 on the schematic.  I assume that CV is short for cathode voltage.  I don't think that it is a good idea for the CRT cathode to be floating, which would be the case if you cut the wire.

mbt_junkyard

Posted: 2012-12-23 12:18

The label CV means Convergence Voltage.

Inside the picture tube there is a resistor which forms together with the external potentiometer RV9001 a voltage divider by which it is possible to vary the voltage one part of the convergence electrodes in the electron gun.

When no external resistor/potentiometer is attached, the full anode voltage of the picture tube is present on pin 1 of the CRT. This voltage is approx. 30.000 Volts.

As the combination of the internal resistor (IBR = Internal Bleeder Resistor) and RV9001 make the anode voltage of the picture tube "bleeding dead" after switch off, you'll have to notice that the EHT keeps present for a long time after you switched off the set with RV9001 disconnected. In that case you have to discharge the anode lead to ground before disconnecting it.

For all these reasons, I think it's not a good idea to disconnect the H-STAT/CV-pin of the CRT.

Maybe a stupid question, but why do you want to disconnect the H-STAT potentiometer? What kind of probem does your TV have?

[ This message was edited by: mbt_junkyard on 2012-12-23 12:21 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.