Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:190
    Members:0
    Total of:190 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

"older" WEGAs / DBS (Dish Network) Dashboard
    Replies: 4 | Views: 2,737
    Last Reply: September 27, 2001, 2:32 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    claudio | ciper | FAiello | deno |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author "older" WEGAs / DBS (Dish Network)
    deno

Posted: 2001-09-26 09:59

I recently bought a KV36FV16. It has great sound and connections. But, I am not totaly satified with picture quality. My setup is as follows: Dish PVR Sat. reciever to TV (S-video & RCA Audio).

How do I adjust picture qulity for this signal and a future DVD (DVD will be all component AV connected)?

FAiello

Posted: 2001-09-26 12:37

What is the problem with the picture quality? Have you tried to ajust it with the TV's menu? I have the KV-32FV16 with the dish networks 4900 receiver and the picture is wonderful. I also have the receiver connected to the TV with S-video cable, and the DVD connected with componet video. The sound on the FV series TV is very good, but if you are going to get a DVD player invest into a surround sound system. Look at Cambridge Sound Works (www.hifi.com) great prouducts and great prices. Also Sears for a great price on a DD,DTS Sony Reciever they match any internet price except e-bay.

deno

Posted: 2001-09-26 13:06

Some of my problem mat stem from my TV being too close to where we sit. Maybe 36" was a bit much?

Anyway, the quality varies from channel to channel, but basically at time the picture may be: grainy, out of focus, too sharp, and pixilated. Some sources are too bright; others too dark.

I knew that big TV's seem more picky because the "details" are bigger too; but for a mid-range WEGA with all its technology, I was expecting more.

As for changing the settings I have fooled around with everything from Brightness to Sharpness to Tenmperature to VSM (High, Low, Off).

Any advice on the Avia (or VE) calibration DVDs? How about the cost of a pro. ISF calibration? I live in Northetrn Maine, so we are close to no one!!

Any tips on which "mode" (Movie, Sports) etc. to use when?

I have no desire for surround sound yet, which is why I choose this Wega with the beffed up sound system built in. Plus it was $500 off.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

claudio
    Premium Member

Posted: 2001-09-26 15:33

Hi Deno,

There are some forum topics here that talks about VE vs Aiva. I personally like VE. But those forums go more into detail. Also, in the coming week, I will be posting some awesome PDF documents regarding VE vs Aiva and television calibration. Also, from what I have read and done, "Movie" mode is the best option.

ciper

Posted: 2001-09-27 14:32

I would suggest to always use movie mode. This is the only mode that will allow the full video bandwith through, and by default in the service menu has the best picture setttings to start with. When you calibrate the set make sure you are setting the brightness with the normal amount of viewing light. The other settings should be done when the room is pretty dark to get more accurate results. I have owned that tv before and could probably help on specific questions but the things you mention do not coincide with any experience i have had. You should be able to get the brightness of the dark bar to disapear on the high apl setting, while still being just BARELY visible on the low ( i mean even when you kno where to look its hard) to get a usable amount of picture during the day.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.