Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:204
    Members:2
    Total of:206 users
    MemberLogged
    Piter330.0 min
    Maxxwire1.1 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

Manual document code Dashboard
    Replies: 29 | Views: 6,639
    Last Reply: August 2, 2011, 8:44 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    claudio | jehill | Mr_Mod | wedgehog | mbt_junkyard | RRice |
    This thread topic spans 2 pages - You are currently on page 2
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 )
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Manual document code
    jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2011-05-17 18:34

OK!  I just checked the service manual.  It indicates that it applies to the KDL-32/37/40/46/55EX500 Series (AEP/UK) and to the AZ1-L Chassis Segment: 3a-1.
    I just discovered that the service manual was updated to 988826506 (Rev. 6) in 3/2011.  Rev. 5 was in 1/2011.  My Sony Assist database wasn't up to date before.  Perhaps that's why you were having trouble finding it.

wedgehog

Posted: 2011-05-18 04:47

You're a star, thanks Jehill. I appreciare you going to so much trouble.

mbt_junkyard

Posted: 2011-05-18 05:02

John, do you know the password for the Assist .PDF-files?
    If you open them without the ESI-viewer installed, Acrobat Reader asks for a password.
    Please let me know if you need it.

[ This message was edited by: mbt_junkyard on 2011-05-18 05:03 ]

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2011-05-19 17:42

I use the Sony Assist viewer.  I have to save a file to a .pdf creator to get a .pdf file.  I use PrimoPDF.

RRice

Posted: 2011-07-23 02:20

Hey, mbt_junkyard  Is it too late to get that Pdf password from ya for the sony files, at the moment printing them to another pdf seems to remove the password altogether, but i have some here that wont open even with the pdf viewer.

Would also like to point out that even tho the sonyassist site says manual 988826506 is listed,,there is no manual available for download.

[ This message was edited by: RRice on 2011-07-23 02:22 ]

mbt_junkyard

Posted: 2011-07-23 04:32

I meant that I know the password, not that I needed it!
    Before I knowed the password I've tried to convert the PDF's by opening it in Assist and then "print" it to Adobe Acrobat, but that didn't work.
    Now I use also Primo-PDF as PDF-utility, but now I don't have access to Assist anymore.

wedgehog

Posted: 2011-07-23 05:46

Hi Rick, you ok mate? Still no luck with that manual then?

RRice

Posted: 2011-07-23 15:51

no i havnt had any luck with the most recent version of it or the older version of it,,mbt_junkyard you said if  he needed the password to let you know..so do you have the password for the pdf files or not?  I already know that the password for the pro pdf's that are downloaded is just a blank password,,so ridding those of any security restrictions is fairly easy.
    to be able to open any of the consumer pdf's without actually being logged in is a simple matter of printing to abode pdf..no special software needed..files have no passwords at all when printed

RRice

Posted: 2011-07-25 22:24

I've cracked the assist site from the assist cd,i can now search and download SM's without running there server software..however in order to view the pdf's requires the need to have the server connected...if anyone know how to view the protected pdf's without having the server running it would help me to complete my downloader and yes you'll receive it when it's finished

wedgehog

Posted: 2011-07-26 06:25

Sorry Rick mate, can't help you on that one. Wish I could as that would be well useful, I'm still trying to get that manaul

mbt_junkyard

Posted: 2011-07-26 06:49

RRice, maybe you can send me an email on tv(at)techie(dot)com so I can give you the information I have.

Mr_Mod
    Premium Member

Posted: 2011-07-26 07:37

Newer version of manual on assist are unable to be printed using the full version of acrobat v6 like i could before.
    Just wish i had access to Oriss which is the Sony Asia - pacific site

RRice

Posted: 2011-07-30 15:20

wedgehog shoot me an email i lost your email addy..i found your manual,but the sch isnt part of it,,which shouldnt be a problem there are other models that use the same chassis

RRice

Posted: 2011-07-30 15:26

mbt_junkyard just sent you an email..i got the save button fixed,,i forgot to select use acrobat as viewer from the prefernces page,,so that option is there now

RRice

Posted: 2011-07-31 11:03

ok if you choose open with acrobat from the preferences tab you'll get an error if you try to print the pdf's,,but if you use the ESIViewer you can print the pdf....there are however some files that seem to give an error tho,,but using the primoPDF program as suggested above can get around this problem.

Also i don't need the user/pass for the web site..i solved the problem of opening the files without having the server running Ya don't even need a valid license number hehe actually don't even need the program installed

This topic thread spans 2 pages - You are currently on page 2
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 )

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.