Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:158
    Members:1
    Total of:159 users
    MemberLogged
    Maxxwire22.6 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

KP-51ws510 Audio works, no picture, ...no consistent blinking Dashboard
    Replies: 3 | Views: 2,357
    Last Reply: March 21, 2011, 5:30 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jehill | KayGee |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author KP-51ws510 Audio works, no picture, ...no consistent blinking
    KayGee

Posted: 2011-03-19 03:19

Hey everybody, new member begging for help!

Today I tried to watch a DVD on my KP-51ws510 and no picture. Audio is working fine.

I've seen a lot of posts which talk about the picture failing accompanied by a consistent blinking of the standby light-- six, or eight blinks, then shutdown. The standby light on mine blinks as it's powering on but the number isn't consistent. It seems to blink more when it's "cold" and the number of blinks decreases if the TV is powering on while still "warm". The TV stays powered on, too, until the power button is pressed again and you hear the relays clicking open and static from the tubes.

Anyway, after the standby light is done blinking a dim green glow is visible on the screen, which slowly fades to black. No input indicator, nothing.

However, when I press the "flash focus" button the test pattern does come up-- the white + in the center, as well as colored squares on the 4 sides which flash green, red, blue. So the CRTs aren't bad, right? Something in the image processing?

If this sounds like something that would be addressed in the service manual I'd be happy to pony up the $12 to get access.

Any thoughts??? What are my chances for finding parts for this 2004 TV? I saw a few listed on that auction site. I have a lot more time than money these days...

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2011-03-20 00:07

Welcome to Agoraquest!  The service manual will only help you if you are experienced in electronic equipment troubleshooting.  The number of blinks when the set is turned on does not constitute an error message.  Error messages consist of n blinks, pause, n blinks, etc. of the red standby light.

KayGee

Posted: 2011-03-20 01:15

Thanks for your reply jehill. Yeah I figured the inconsistent standby blink wasn't any kind of diagnostic, just a "wait while I warm up" thing.

I'm ready to start hanging parts, if I can get em... do you have any suggestions for what to replace first, and where to find parts?

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2011-03-21 17:30

Its possible that you need to replace the three picture tubes (red, green, blue).  That would be a project.  Unfourtuately, you don't want to replace them on a "guess".  I would get a repair estimate from a qualified Sony service technician.  You might be better of replacing the set with an LCD model.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.