Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:223
    Members:0
    Total of:223 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

Sony KDF-50E3000 just keeps cycling on and off Dashboard
    Replies: 5 | Views: 5,209
    Last Reply: June 12, 2011, 10:44 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    claudio | Plazmo | TexAg04 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Sony KDF-50E3000 just keeps cycling on and off
    Plazmo

Posted: 2010-06-11 11:48

Hi,
    I'm having a problem with my Sony Bravia television (KDF-50E3000).  The tv seems to turn on fine but after about two minutes, it'll just shut off with no picture or sound and the power light will just sit there blinking for about 1.5 minutes. Then the tv will turn back on for another couple minutes and power off again.  It just does this cycle over and over unles I manually turn it off.

I've tried using different sources and outlets but no dice. I also looked at the lamp and it was crystal clear with a solid filament.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Plazmo

Posted: 2010-06-21 22:30

It's me again. The television is still broken. I still have no idea what is going on with it. I've called up the support line and they told me to get a new bulb. Then I called up again and they told me that I should bring it to a repair shop... Does the bulb seem like a good solution?

I took a look at the one in it and its still crystal clear and the filament is in one piece.

Thanks

claudio
    Premium Member

Posted: 2010-06-22 08:58

Hi,

It looks like it's power cycling. Also, have you run a self diagnostic test. The instructions can be seen in the FAQ thread section. It should say what the error is and also how many hours your currently bulb has. Have you replaced the bulb on TV before?

I would try the bulb solution since you need a bulb at one point anyways. Plus it's usually the fix to these issues. Let us know how it goes. Also, get a geniune Sony bulb with housing.

Plazmo

Posted: 2010-06-22 11:37

I tried to do a self test again and I finally got it to work. I was pressing the buttons too fast lol.

I got a error for the following:
    lamp
    lamp cover

I guess trying out a new lamp would be a good start. Gotta start looking for the best price for official parts.

TexAg04

Posted: 2011-06-06 18:52

Hello. I have a kdf-503000 that started having the same problem yesterday. It only happened two or three times and then stopped. However, today it has not stopped since getting home from work. It was purchased in December 2007 and still has the original bulb.

I looked at a few threads on here for information and have tried to do what some have suggested. The diagnostic test comes up with all 0's. Then I removed the bulb housing and replaced it (with the same housing and bulb) after vacuuming out all the dust to see if the red led light would come on to indicate a bulb issue. The diagnostic test after doing this also shows all 0's.

So far no results, just the same problem of it staying on for a few minutes and then going off and the light blinking every second for about a minute, goes back to normal and repeats.

Any other suggestions? I called Sony and they said it sounded like a power supply problem. If that is the case then what's a realistic cost of fixing it? My thinking is that it could use a new bulb anyway, plus a power supply part, plus a service fee = might be better to get a new tv.

TexAg04

Posted: 2011-06-12 10:44

Well I didn't call out a repair company as Sony had suggested I do, as "it appears to be a power supply or chip problem".

Instead I followed a family members advice. When in doubt with a projection tv that has a bulb over two years old, change it first, then see if you still have a problem. I changed the bulb and no more problem.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.