Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:210
    Members:0
    Total of:210 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

KDF-42WE655 powers on, power light blinks green 1 min, then lamp light blinks red indefinitely Dashboard
    Replies: 2 | Views: 5,177
    Last Reply: August 16, 2010, 11:25 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jehill | ep | chuckie3666 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author KDF-42WE655 powers on, power light blinks green 1 min, then lamp light blinks red indefinitely
    ep

Posted: 2010-01-22 21:07

Hi,

I have a KDF-42WE655 manufacture date Dec 2004. I bough it off someone assuming the lamp needed replacing, but I suspect its something else. Haven't replaced the lamp yet.

When the power button is pressed, the TV powers on without a picture.

Then the POWER light blinks GREEN for about 1 min (appx 60 blinks)

Then the POWER light turns RED and the LAMP light starts blinking RED indefinitely.

Does the lamp just need to be replaced or is it something more? I'm thrown off by the power light being RED while the lamp light is blinking red. Would like to know before I spend $100 on a lamp.

I've googled this and searched the forums already, but haven't found an answer.
    HELP ME PLEASE! Thanks.

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2010-01-23 18:31

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Replace the lamp!

chuckie3666

Posted: 2010-08-16 11:25

I have the same problem with my KDF-60XS955,but I just replaced the 3 year old original Jan, 2010. Then the optical block starting going bad(Blue blobs)about 3 months after that.I called Sony support and was informed that my tv build date of October 2005 put me out of warranty,and since I didn't register my Sony product even the extended warranty that Sony put on their problematic 3LCD tv's was of NO use. All I wanted was an optical block repair or replace solution. I then bought a used light engine from a private seller.I have the factory service manual on my model and it was very informative,so I installed the optical block myself and was like new. I did notice that it didn't turn on as quick as it used to,and the first time I turned it on after the optical block install the error code flashed for lamp.I removed the lamp itself so I thought that I had not shut the lamp access door tightly or the bulb was loose,both were good I checked. I turned it back on and it worked ever since,but took what I deemed to be way to long too turn on.Sometimes would flash a lamp error code I would shut the tv off then turn it back on after the fans stopped,and it would start working.Until this morning,I turned it on and NO picture,NO sound at all!! The green power light flashes as it would at normal startup but does this for about 60 sec, then the power led goes to a constant red,and the lamp led flashes constantly with NO pauses.It will do this until it is shut off.
    Is my 6 month old lamp already bad?
    Picture quality has been top notch,wouldn't there be a fore warning of bulb failure?
    I am a full time student,and I don't have the funds to replace.I would like to keep it going for another 3 years until I graduate.
    Any feedback would be appreciated to NO end!!
    Thanks beforehand,
    Charlie

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.