Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:244
    Members:2
    Total of:246 users
    MemberLogged
    claudio0.1 min
    Maxxwire15.1 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

KV-32HS500 Blinks 3 Times and Shuts Down Dashboard
    Replies: 1 | Views: 1,871
    Last Reply: December 24, 2009, 12:56 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    kimbob |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author KV-32HS500 Blinks 3 Times and Shuts Down
    kimbob

Posted: 2009-12-22 01:21

My Sony KV-32HS500 Blinks 3 times and Shuts Down after an attempted fix.  Here is the history of the trouble.

Initially the TV generated 6 blinks which would repeat.  After unplugging for period of time it would work again.

After a few weeks it wouldn't startup anymore and would mostly blink 7 times and occasionally 6.

Visited this forum and decided to replace the two MCZ3001D ICs on D board.  I did this very carefully.  Also checked some capacitors which were recommended by one post and all were good.

Plugged set in and there was a "pop"...not a good sign, but there was no flash or puff of smoke and a careful examination found no evidence of trace or component burning.  After this at startup a relay would click, then the set would only blink 3 times and then shutdown.

Measured proper AC rectified +170V DC and -170V DC voltages on the large power supply capacitors but the unregulated 5V, 7V and 11V supplies were dead, so something is wrong between the replaced MCZ3001D (IC 6501) and the T6502 transformer outputs.  I don't believe the set will startup if the unregulated voltages aren't present.

My options:

1) Try and diagnose what is wrong with the D board and hopefully fix it.
    2) Spend $200 and replace the D board.
    3) Trash the TV.

I would like to do option 1 but this maybe beyond my abilities.
    I know this is a tall order but are there any suggestions for the 3 blinks and shutdown problem?  Voltages/components to check?
    Thanks very much,

kimbob

Posted: 2009-12-24 00:56

Well I guess if no one can help I may have to go with "option 2" and replace the D board for $200...and then hope it isn't a waste of money.

[ This message was edited by: kimbob on 2009-12-24 00:57 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.