Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:185
    Members:1
    Total of:186 users
    MemberLogged
    Maxxwire27.4 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: jttar
    Agoraquest Forum Index Computers Troubleshooting

Mass storage controller Dashboard
    Replies: 9 | Views: 2,538
    Last Reply: May 30, 2009, 12:53 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    NiteHawk | jttar | tconnally |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Mass storage controller
    tconnally

Posted: 2009-05-24 14:00

Computer: Sony VAIO VGN-CR320. Recently decided to install Windows 7 RC 7100. The card readers are not functioning. Device manager lists "Mass Storage Controller" the drivers for this device are not installed [code 28 ] I'm unable to locate the driver for this. Thanks for the help.

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2009-05-24 23:16

tconnally,

Greetings and welcome!

Usually the "Mass Storage Controller" refers to disk drives. It can be IDE, SCSI or SATA. I would try installing the motherboard chipset driver package for your VGN-CR320. It could be possible that the chipset drivers for your VGN-CR320 are not compatible with Windows 7 RC 7100 but give it a try.

Joe

tconnally

Posted: 2009-05-25 09:13

Already tried.
    Must be incompatible with Windows 7.
    I like 7 so I will do without  readers until new drivers are released.

Thanks

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2009-05-25 22:57

tconnally,

I have not yet seen Windows 7 on an operating machine. How much different is it from Vista? I would love to hear your opinion and review.

Joe

tconnally

Posted: 2009-05-26 09:01

I have 7 RC loaded on two computers, the Sony mentioned above and my own build around a EVGA nforce 780i SLI Motherboard and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor. Amazingly no problems at all with either build other than the Sony chipset. I have rather a skeleton load on the Sony since I use it exclusively for travel. My home build however has numerous programs and even two games all of which surprisingly function flawlessly. My graphics cards and Mobo are EVGA which has already released drivers for 7.

At first glance it seems like a minor modification of Vista. Though with everyday use the usefulness of the new bells and whistles rapidly become evident. I certainly intend to buy Windows 7 as soon as the commercial release occurs.

tconnally

Posted: 2009-05-26 09:05

Afterthought. Certainly worth a download even if it's a dual boot just to play with it.
    Thanks for your help. Thad

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2009-05-26 23:04

Thad,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your critique on Windows 7 RC. It sounds promising and it is good to hear that it plays well with other programs. I have not yet heard what 7 RC is going to cost but playing with the beta version should be interesting. I might take your suggestion and give it a try as a double boot on one of my computers.

I appreciate your input.

Joe

NiteHawk

Posted: 2009-05-27 11:18

Hi Joe,

I have the 32-bit version of Windows 7 on two of computers (dual boot with XP on my primary system).  Coming from an XP environment, I have to admit that it's a vast improvement.  I never tried Vista because of all the negative press about "drivers" issues when first released.

If you've ever installed XP, you should know it takes about 25 min to install the operating system, and another 1-2 hrs installing updates and drivers.  I was surprised that the total install of Win-7 was about 22 min.  I only had to download the driver for my sound card.  You can play/burn CD/DVD's and record TV programs (provided you have the devices) right out of the box.

I like how they integrated Media Center/TV and internet TV within the operating system, however, I now realize why they are letting the public use this RC for a year.  The word is going around that Win-7 will cost more than Vista.  I'm trying to decide which 64-bit version I'm going with (Home Premium or Ultimate).     

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2009-05-27 23:20

Hello NiteHawk,

Thanks for the input on Windows 7. I quess it is time for me to give it a try. I have one PC and my notebook running Vista, one PC on XP and another PC still runnng Win2K.

What blows me away is that you said it only took 22 minutes to install Windows 7 including the drivers and updates!!! Now that is impressive and what a time saver. Naturally, the biggest concern is how compatible it will be with other programs but it sounds like it plays nice. I do like that Win 7 can play/burn CD's and DVD's. That could eliminate Nero for me.

Pretty wise of Microsoft to get you roped in for a year before requiring you to purchase the operating system. What scares me is what it is going to cost to run Win 7 on my three PC's and one notebook after the trial period expires.

Joe

tconnally

Posted: 2009-05-30 12:53

Unfortunately found another problem. The WebCam will not function under Windows 7.
    But I may have found a hot fix on the MS site for Vista 64 but it unfortunately would not load reporting a "wrong operating system"

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.