Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:190
    Members:1
    Total of:191 users
    MemberLogged
    Maxxwire34.2 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: Maxxwire
    Agoraquest Forum Index Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables

Questions about the Sony CAV-M1000ES home audio distribution receiver Dashboard
    Replies: 9 | Views: 10,081
    Last Reply: August 31, 2010, 7:02 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jehill | yoshiguy | scottone928 | SonyCIS | hotzz | lpoolfan |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Questions about the Sony CAV-M1000ES home audio distribution receiver
    scottone928

Posted: 2008-02-26 17:41

Ok I did a little research and there is not much on the CAV-M1000ES home audio receiver. Does anyone in here have much experience with this?  I am not asking because I am curious, but rather I have found one new with 3 keypads for $625.00 shipped. When my wife and I built our house a few years ago, we had our rooms prewired for the home audio distribution and they have the cat5 there too.  This unit seems like it would satisfy my needs and would look sweet with my 5000es. But I really know nothing about it.  Anyone have any comments or opionions? Thanks for any input.

Steve

scottone928

Posted: 2008-02-27 16:45

I have found some good information on the CAV-M1000ES. I thought I would post it for future thread searches.

1- This link is the best hands down!  It is a Sony troubleshooting link but it has a lot technical information including information on the keypads, filmware updates, programming, ect..
    Link: http://bssc.sel.sony.com/ws3/faqs.htm                                                       

2- This link is a Sony 3 panel brochure on it: http://cavm1000.com/SupportDocumentation%5Cm1000_3_panel_brochure.pdf                      

3- This link is the downloadable manual: http://www.onteriors.com/service/pdfs/sony/Sony_CAV-M1000ES_InstallationManual.pdf

4: This is the Sony link where the structured wiring, components, ect... are kept.
    Link: sony.com/newhome

Pretty cool sites! Enjoy.

[ This message was edited by: scottone928 on 2008-02-27 16:51 ]

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2008-02-28 00:31

You did a pretty good job or researching the CAV-M1000ES yourself.  I have access to the service manual if you ever need info from it.

scottone928

Posted: 2008-02-28 13:45

Thanks jehill, I might take you up on it one day. Seems like a nice system. I went ahead and bought it.

hotzz

Posted: 2008-03-05 14:27

hello-
    I have 2 of these in stacked mode for 12 zones, the unit is great, and now sony just came out with a video switcher, that can distrubte 1080i with the cav unit. If you update your firmware, you will have to get keypads updated by sony they do it free of charge.
    chris

scottone928

Posted: 2008-03-06 16:23

I just got the unit in a couple of days ago and it is very heavy!  I am hoping to get this up and running in the next week or so.  It is built like a tank.

SonyCIS

Posted: 2008-06-20 21:53

hey guys i used to install these, know a little , have you edited your kp yet?  gotten it running mine sounds awsome thru out house!!!

yoshiguy

Posted: 2009-11-06 09:41

• Member Quote

On 2008-02-28 00:31, jehill wrote:
    You did a pretty good job or researching the CAV-M1000ES yourself.  I have access to the service manual if you ever need info from it.

hey jehill, do you still have the service manual as I'm interested in get it

thanks

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2009-11-08 00:53

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Unfortunately, I no longer have access to it.  However, it might be available if you become a premium member.  Use the following link to find out if it is available:

http://www.agoraquest.com/manual_request.php 

lpoolfan

Posted: 2010-08-31 07:02

Hi guys new here, im really intersted in buying one of these systems, but have a question before i make the purchase, looking into the manual i discovered the Each Zone speakers are wired back to the keypads and then back to the CAV, my home is wired with the speakers in each zone been wired straight back to the CAV, so it will not connect to the keypad.

So really does the CAV to work correctly need the speakers wired back though the keypads?

I was wondering if i get the system and wire the speakers straight back to the CAV, what would happen? would it work ok, will the keypads not be able to change the volume etc?

If anyone has the answer it would be much appreciated. :-)

Edit: ive just been thinking, i was also looking at the russound cav6.6 system, but maybe if i used the RM-TP100 in each room i wouldn't need to connect the speakers through the keypads? any thoughts?

[ This message was edited by: lpoolfan on 2010-08-31 08:28 ]

[ This message was edited by: lpoolfan on 2010-08-31 08:44 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.