Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:248
    Members:0
    Total of:248 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Bravia 70" Rear proj LCD TV Dashboard
    Replies: 8 | Views: 2,888
    Last Reply: December 23, 2007, 5:31 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    claudio | NiteHawk | sony.xbr | jehill | Stevepst | Toli | jsuboh |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Bravia 70" Rear proj LCD TV
    Stevepst

Posted: 2007-12-18 18:11

Whatever happened to the new 70 " Bravia HDTV rear proj. that replaced the 70 "XBR SXRD? I'm referring to the $5999.00 and not the $32,000.00 unit. It disappeared from their website. It had said that the TV would be available early in the new year. When I spoke with someone at Sony Style today, I was confronted with a clueless customer service rep. (or should I say service 'counselor?) who was unaware of that model.
    Any help would be appreciated.

claudio
    Premium Member

Posted: 2007-12-19 01:18

I think you are referring to the 70" KDS-70XBR2. It was listed as one of the top products of 2007 by UltimateAV Magazine
    The link is below

http://www.agoraquest.com/article.php?sid=284&mode=nocomments&order=0

They say

"Want big screen impact without making the lifestyle sacrifices that front projection requires? Sony's 70" KDS-70XBR2 SXRD set offers a picture with size and strength that you won't see from a flat panel for a long time (and even if you do see it a second mortgage is probably requird to afford it. It features a dynamic iris for stunning blacks and contrast, and more importantly this set delivered outstanding performance and immersive impact across all program material, definitions both standard and high. For those that demand a truly big screen experience, Sony's KDS-70XBR2 makes the emphatic statement that the venerable RPTV might be in its twilight, it's still here right now and better than ever. "

[ This message was edited by: claudio on 2007-12-19 01:22 ]

jsuboh

Posted: 2007-12-20 21:44

Hi,

I believe it is the KDS Z70XBR5 which has disappeared from the web site. Rumors are stating that they dropped it entirely and will be introducing a replacement sometime in 2008. Sad to hear because the specs sounded incredable -120 Hz motionview, 40% slimmer than current models, and floating glass look on a RPTV.

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2007-12-20 22:24

KDS-Z70XBR5

Beautiful!

Toli

-----------------
    KDL-52XBR6 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

NiteHawk

Posted: 2007-12-21 08:53

If the model Stevepst is referring to is a rear projection; forget about it.  Sony is getting out the rear projection business according to this link.       

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2007-12-21 21:02

I suspect that the KDSZ70XBR5 was an update of the SXRD based KDS-70XBR2.  Note that I said was.  I seem to recall that we were due to see a larger version of the KDL52XBR5 at the beginning of 2008.  If Sony expects to compete with Samsung, it better have "LED backlighting with 'local dimming'", as does the Samsung LNT5781.  This looks like a huge breakthrough!

sony.xbr

Posted: 2007-12-22 22:04

If I remember correctly I believe Sony was the first to use LED backlighting
    Qualia 005
    The QUALIA 005 is a LCD flat-panel television equipped with a Triluminos LED backlight system. To compliment this new panel technology, the QUALIA 005 features Sony's exclusive WEGA Engine HD system which can project real texture and true high-resolution quality of a High Definition (HD) signal. Using Sony's proprietary HD-to-HD conversion algorithm, it re-creates HDTV signals to the full HD (1920 x 1080) quality and widens the color gamut to maximize the advantage of Triluminos LED backlight system. Together with a 100W S-Master full digital audio amplifier, the QUALIA 005 offers an incredible video and audio experience

[ This message was edited by: sony.xbr on 2007-12-22 22:05 ]

Stevepst

Posted: 2007-12-23 17:04

I checked out the link. Hard to believe they won't have an equivalent replacement for some time. The original Qualia 70" RP LCD was reintroduced (at a greatly reduced price) into the Wega XBR line when Qualia was more or less dropped. Several months ago  they announced that they were discontinuing that model to be replaced by a new Bravia 70" RP LCD. As recently as several weeks ago, that TV was promised for early 2008. I can't imagine that this was scrapped so quickly!
    Thanks for your input,

Stevepst

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2007-12-23 17:31

• Member Quote

On 2007-12-22 22:04, sony.xbr wrote:
    If I remember correctly I believe Sony was the first to use LED backlighting
    Qualia 005
    The QUALIA 005 is a LCD flat-panel television equipped with a Triluminos LED backlight system. To compliment this new panel technology, the QUALIA 005 features Sony's exclusive WEGA Engine HD system which can project real texture and true high-resolution quality of a High Definition (HD) signal. Using Sony's proprietary HD-to-HD conversion algorithm, it re-creates HDTV signals to the full HD (1920 x 1080) quality and widens the color gamut to maximize the advantage of Triluminos LED backlight system. Together with a 100W S-Master full digital audio amplifier, the QUALIA 005 offers an incredible video and audio experience

Apparently, that model wasn't sold in the US, because there is no info on it at SonyESI, assuming that the complete model number is KDS70Q005 (no luck with 55 or 60 either).  What was the screen size?  The KDS70Q006 was sold in the US.  It used a lamp.  Regardless, the model that you identified used an LED light source to project an image from a set of three ~1 inch square SXRD panels.  This is a far cry from the 57" LED array used in the Samsung LNT5781.

-----------------
    -John

Sony A/V System: KDL-55XBR8, BDP-S550 and AVD-LA2500PKG, consisting of AVD-C70ES Super Audio CD/DVD Receiver, 4 SS-LA500ED surround speakers, 1 SS-LAC505ED center channel speaker and 1 SA-WD200 Active Subwoofer

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.