Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:165
    Members:2
    Total of:167 users
    MemberLogged
    Maxxwire49.1 min
    SONYESP0.2 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Sony KDL40W2000 picture problems Dashboard
    Replies: 1 | Views: 1,352
    Last Reply: November 25, 2007, 9:01 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jttar | zakthejap |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Sony KDL40W2000 picture problems
    zakthejap

Posted: 2007-11-25 11:37

I have just purchased the Sony KDL40W2000 Television and after installation i found the picture quite disappointing. It is a bit fuzzy and nothing like the Demo model that i seen in the store. I am using a Virgin Cable analogue supply and i thought that it would suffice until i went Digital in the future. I am using a Panasonic DMR-EX85EB DVD recorder along with the TV. The Recorder has a HDMI outlet and this along with the HDMI inlets on the TV I was wondering that if I went Digital plus used a HDMI cable to link them together if I would get a greatly improved picture quality.
    I have already tried a DVD disc and viewed it on the Telly and the quality was not too bad but certainly not as good as I thought it would be, again if I used a HDMI link would this also be an improved picture quality.
    Could anyone please assist me in this matter.

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2007-11-25 21:01

zakthejap,

Using the HDMI cables probably will improve your picture but my suggestion would be to properly calibrate your new TV's video settings with a tune up disc like AVIA or Digital Video Essentials which is available in NTSC or PAL.

New TV's are notorious for coming out of the box with the settings set too high so that they will look good on the display floor, commonly called "torch mode". A video tune up disc makes a world of difference in the picture quality.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.