Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:164
    Members:0
    Total of:164 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Troubleshooting

Sony Trinitron KV-32S40 Standby timer light constantly blinks Dashboard
    Replies: 6 | Views: 12,591
    Last Reply: October 17, 2007, 8:36 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Ra | Freewilly | JSB1 | kd4e |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Sony Trinitron KV-32S40 Standby timer light constantly blinks
    Freewilly

Posted: 2007-10-10 21:32

My 9 yr. old unit screen went black.  I have sound by no picture.  I'm a newbie at TV repair but I build my own computers.  I've unplugged the unit to do a hard reset.  I want to know if it's a simple fix by replacing a module or something or is it complicated.  I don't hear any sizzle sound or clicks when I turn the T.V. on.  There are no lines or light coming from the screen. 

Ra

Posted: 2007-10-13 17:10

you may have a bad flyback transformer, try to resolder it's pins and also resolder the hot,and drive tranformer t501,and all around the hv circuit,and  resolder vert IC tda8172 and r536 .47ohms,  also turn up g2 on the back of the fly if you get the pic with retrace lines check D777. 

Ra

Posted: 2007-10-13 17:52

On 2007-10-13 17:10, Ra wrote:
    you may have a bad flyback transformer, try to resolder it's pins and also resolder the hot,and drive tranformer t501,and all around the hv circuit,and  resolder vert IC tda8172 and r536 .47ohms,  also turn up g2 on the back of the fly if you get the pic with retrace lines check D777. 

Y/C JUNGLE IC301

Freewilly

Posted: 2007-10-13 23:47

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering if I was holding my mouth right or something, since it to awhile to get a response .  I have no idea where these components are in the TV.  Is there a place you know of where I can order or preferable download the schematic for the TV.  Is this something a newbie can do or should I take it to a repair shop?  Do you have an estimate of the cost or man hours to perform the repair?  Thank you so much in advance.

JSB1

Posted: 2007-10-14 00:43

I have a KV-32S45, manufactured in 1998.  Exact same problem.  When I push the power button, there is an audible click, the red standby light begins to blink, and no picture whatsoever.  I've watched the light to see if there was a pattern and counted up to about 50 blinks that all occurred regularly, without any variation between them, so I figue there is no specific code being put out by this thing.  I've pulled the back cover off and the fuse on the circuit board where the power cord runs in is fine (hasn't been burned out).  I can't see any other visible burned components either.

Have purchased a service manual for this model, but it doesn't seem to be terribly helpful.

Would it be correct that Ra's advice would hold true for my TV as well?

Also, FreeWilly, I can send you the service manual if you like, it will work for your TV as well.  It's about 10 MB though.

kd4e

Posted: 2007-10-17 19:52

I have been given a Sony KV-35S42 which flashes the signal
    indicating that the Jungle IC is bad.

I have tracked down the part number as cxa1213S with newer
    sub cxa1213as and newest sub cxa1213bs for $12. (with a $50.
    shipping charge) or $36. including shipping.

I am not really fond of trying to unsolder and replace a SMA IC,
    does anyone know if the host board is available as a swap-in?

If so, where might I acquire one and what would be the price?

-----------------
    Thanks! doc

Ra

Posted: 2007-10-17 20:36

when one say - No reply from the jungle IC301 (data bus is busy, shorted to ground, or held high), IK video path is defective.
    It does't mean you have to replace the ic  right away, you have to troubleshoot the circuit itself,if you don't know than take the set to some one that knows.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.