which TV is similar? The answer is KV-32FD1E, but that´s an obvious one ....
Sorry, there are no comperative models. This was the first Flat CRT and it was a top-of-the-line model. After this one, no such a sophisticated electronically designed model has been marketed in Europe.
The GE1-chassis is a very reliable chassis. There are only a few known problems:
1. - The RAM´s in the system control section are insufficiently soldered causing the set powering off and on.
2. - The vertical output can also be insufficiently soldered, causing error 4.
3. - The connector on the CRT base board (C-board) which carries the RGB drive signals could be insufficiently soldered, causing bad white balance.
4. - An additional fuse on the D1 board could cause the picture with being reduced with pin distortion. Replacing the fuse solves the problem.
5. - Sometimes, especially in 28" models, the deflection yoke could fail causing a trapezium shaped picture.
When the problem is not in the list, fault finding might become very time consuming due to the high complexity of the electronic circuits.
All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The
comments are property of their posters.
This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation
(www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered
of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics.
"Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony
please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.