Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:225
    Members:1
    Total of:226 users
    MemberLogged
    Johnnycanso0.2 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index MD/CD/SACD

Sony RXD7 Home CD Player - Flashes: Protect, Push Power ?? Dashboard
    Replies: 5 | Views: 36,626
    Last Reply: July 18, 2003, 11:11 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Fox | bodybaguk | nc | Stanislaw | hookedonjcfj |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Sony RXD7 Home CD Player - Flashes: Protect, Push Power ??
    Fox

Posted: 2002-10-15 23:00

My stereo has not been working for months and I havent really had the time to check it out. Anyone have an idea as how to fix this?

I have pushed the power, held it in for 30 seconds unplugged it for long durations. Open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Model: Sony RXD7 Disc Ex-Changer/Mini Hi-Fi Component System

bodybaguk

Posted: 2002-12-22 18:43

Hi Fox,

Did you ever get a reply, or get to the bottom of the problem?

I've got the same problem with a MHC-NX1 , it flashes PROTECT, PUSH POWER.
    Read the manual and tried everything it suggests, I.E. (A)Turn it off for a while and then turn it back on.(B) RESET the system

Eventually phoned the SONY technical help-line, all they advised was to turn it off, remove all the connections, leave it for 24hours and then connect it up again.
    All to no avail. same problem as ever, annoyingly it was only 2 months out of warrenty, so now so sony techy will be looking for a fortune just to have a look at it.
    Any pointers would be gratefully recieved.

All the best

Bodybag

bodybaguk

Posted: 2002-12-22 18:44

Hi Fox,

Did you ever get a reply, or get to the bottom of the problem?

I've got the same problem with a MHC-NX1 , it flashes PROTECT, PUSH POWER.
    Read the manual and tried everything it suggests, I.E. (A)Turn it off for a while and then turn it back on.(B) RESET the system

Eventually phoned the SONY technical help-line, all they advised was to turn it off, remove all the connections, leave it for 24hours and then connect it up again.
    All to no avail. same problem as ever, annoyingly it was only 2 months out of warrenty, so now so sony techy will be looking for a fortune just to have a look at it.
    Any pointers would be gratefully recieved.

All the best

Bodybag

nc

Posted: 2002-12-30 01:49

Hi Fox/bodybaguk,

I am facing the same "Protect push power" problem in my sony MHC-NX1. I did all those removing and connecting stuff but nothing happened.
    If anyone of you have found any solution, please let me know.

Thanks,
    nc

Stanislaw

Posted: 2003-01-02 15:49

As a user of an MHC-NX1 I have a consideration that indication PROTECT, PUSH POWER refers to two possible problems
    1) abnormal power voltage
    2) too strong signal in the antenna mains

The initial cause of the first problem should be looked for not in the system itself but in the power network. The system may behave bashful if the power voltage is not 'pure' enough or it exceeds the standard parameters.

In case it is a radio receiving problem just try out to reduce the signal from the antenna by replacing or disadjusting it at least for the sake of experiment.

Yet those may seem like lamer pieces of advise I strongly recommend you to check out if they help, for I came across similar problems of various SONY and non products and they all were quite critical to the power and antenna voltage parameters.
    Good luck!

hookedonjcfj

Posted: 2003-07-18 11:11

MHC-DP900D HAD SAME PROBLEM- PROTECT, PUSH POWER. TRACED CAUSE TO AMP. DC PROTECTION CIRCUIT ON AMPLIFIER BOARD. ACTUAL FAULT WAS A SHORT CIRCUIT OF THE AMP. IC LEFT CHANNEL OUPUTS (STK412-030 PINS 10 & 11)
    EXCESSIVE SOLDER APPLIED DURING MANUFACTURE HAD PROBABLY BEEN HEATED UP ENOUGH DURING USAGE TO BRIDGE THE PINS. CURRENTLY USING THE UNIT WITH RIGHT CHANNEL ONLY UNTIL I PURCHASE A NEW IC. BYPASSED DC PROTECTION FOR LEFT CHANNEL BY ISOLATING INPUT TO DC DETECT TRANSISTOR.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.