Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:232
    Members:1
    Total of:233 users
    MemberLogged
    jwakefield0.0 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index » » Projector Series

How to get rid of "Please replace Lamp" message Dashboard
    Replies: 4 | Views: 19,972
    Last Reply: August 3, 2008, 4:15 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Craig_Nike | Mr_Mod | jgentry1961 | dkurland |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author How to get rid of "Please replace Lamp" message
    Craig_Nike

Posted: 2006-08-07 02:12

Hi All

My VPL-PX32 has lamp life of 2000 hours on High Mode and 3000 hours on Low Light Mode.

The message above appeared at about 2000hours, as I thought it would, but I thought it would only stay for about 200 hours of operation then go away again.

now it is at about 2300hours and still comes up ever time I turn it on. Lamp works fine and I've always used it in Low Lamp mode. So it should have 700 hours left.

Is there a way to reset this message in the menu?
    BTW - it goes away when you bring up the on Screen MENU. And stays off until you turn it on next time......

Thanks
    Craig

[ This message was edited by: Craig_Nike on 2006-08-07 02:18 ]

Mr_Mod
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-08-07 07:14

Craig, hope this helps.

Service Mode
    Entering the Service Mode
    The service mode on the VPL-HS20 is accessed through the customer menu. It is normally hidden from the
    customer’s view. Using the remote commander while the unit is powered up, press “ENTER”, “ENTER”, “LEFT”
    and “ENTER” in sequence. A prompt will appear on the screen asking if you wish to enter the factory mode.
    Press the “UP” key on the remote and the unit is now in service mode. This sequence will add two new groups
    to the customer setup menu. Press the “MENU” button to view.
    NOTE: Service mode cannot be entered if the input selection is set to Memory Stick. If the unit has been
    unplugged from AC power, it will enter this input by default. Select any other video input. While you are pressing
    the key sequence, an “Invalid Key” prompt will appear on the screen as you press each key. This is normal.
    The first group added displays information about the unit such as the ROM version, along with lamp and total
    operating hours. The second group displays a menu of items that can be adjusted and are usually performed
    when the prism block or B board is replaced. You should not have to perform these adjustments in most cases.
    Current service policy as of this writing requires that any confirmation of a prism block failure be sent to our CPC
    division in Laredo, TX.
    Exiting the Service Mode
    Unlike all of the consumer televisions, the service mode is not exited automatically by turning the power off. The
    same key sequence as mentioned above must be repeated. The prompt will once again appear on the screen
    asking if you would like to return to the “user mode”. Press the “UP” key to hide the service adjustments.
    Resetting the Lamp Timer
    Whenever the lamp is replaced, the lamp timer should be reset. With the unit in the “factory” mode, press
    “RESET”, “LEFT”, “RIGHT” and “ENTER” on the remote commander. Verify the lamp hours have been reset to
    zero in the service menu.

-----------------
    Signature

Craig_Nike

Posted: 2006-08-07 17:50

Thanks Mr Mod for trying.

Looks like my VPL-PX32 is a little different. I get it into Service mode by going Enter, Enter, Up, Down, Enter.

When I go in I get the Service Mode OK but nothing in there allows me to adjust the Lamp message.
    I also tried the reset lamp timer function which didnt work either.

Thanks anyway for trying. If anyone has info on different Sony projectors and how that works, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

-----------------
    This is the last thing I need for my HT - now i'm finished!

AVR: STR-DA9000ES & STR-DA5300ES
    AMP: TA-N9000ES
    BLU: PS3
    DVD: 999ES & 777ES
    SPKR: SS-X70ED, SS-XCN70ED, SS-LA500ED
    SUB: SAW-X700M

dkurland

Posted: 2008-03-07 18:09

Hi, Craig.
    Did you ever get an adequate solution to your problem?
    I've got the same situation with my VPL-PX32, and discovered the
    answer in the operating instructions I found at <!--StartFragment -->http://www.hcinema.de/pdf/bedienungsanleitungen/sonyvplpx32-an-en.pdf .
    To reset the lamp hours timer and get rid of the message, you must press Reset, Left, Right, Enter on the projector's control panel while it's in Standby mode.  Standby mode is the key.

-----------------
    - Duff Kurland

jgentry1961

Posted: 2008-08-03 16:15

All,

I'm struggling to reset my lamp timer on my vpl-hs20.   I executed the 'factory mode' instructions above.  I used the 'reset' 'left' 'right' 'enter' sequence while in factory mode, but my lamp time did not reset.  i did all this from my remote.  I'll try doing it from the control panel next.  Any other suggestions?

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.