Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:177
    Members:1
    Total of:178 users
    MemberLogged
    RickeyM0.3 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

New here. Question about wega KV-FS100L Dashboard
    Replies: 8 | Views: 1,335
    Last Reply: August 14, 2006, 8:03 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    andyross | SteveG103 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author New here. Question about wega KV-FS100L
    SteveG103

Posted: 2006-08-06 07:44

First off, i been lurking here the past few days and all the info on this site has helped me get my televison picture 100X better. Hell, this is the only site that i actually FOUND what the different items in the service menu of mean. Everywhere else i went only mentioned the non "L" Wegas. This site is great!

Ok now for the question. after fixing the overscan i notice on the left side of the screen is a white line when i move it to around 3% thing is i dont get this on the right side of the set no matter how much i move the screen! so i have to compensate for the left and just get everything all evened out.Is that normal tho?

Another thing about the over squeeze. When using the Avia disc overscan test, the top part is like smushed down! you know how it has the numbers all around with the arrows? well where it says 5% on top is all smushed down! all the other sides it's fine tho! problem is i have no clue how to fix this! Is this a geometry defect?

I will take a picture in a bit if anyone is not sure what i mean.

SteveG103

Posted: 2006-08-06 08:11

Here are some pics. See what i mean about the top?

[ This message was edited by: SteveG103 on 2007-01-19 16:19 ]

andyross

Posted: 2006-08-06 09:28

Basically, I wouldn't worry too much about it and just live with 4-5% overscan, which is OK. Many entry-level TV's like yours can't do much better. I have a little KV-13FS100, and it's also about 5% due to uncorrectable pincushion issues if I try to pull it in more.

You can try seeing if VLIN (Vertical linearity, horizontal line spacing top versus button) and SCOR (S-Correction, horizontal line spacing center versus top) have any effect. Use a grid pattern and measure the line/dot spacing to see if you are even across the screen.

-----------------
    Sony KDL-46EX700, Onkyo TX-NR609, Sony BDP-S370, WDTV Live Streaming, Motorola DCT-6412, RCA RCRP05B.

SteveG103

Posted: 2006-08-06 10:05

Thanks for the reply Andy! I'll try to mess with those settings that you mentioned, but like you said, i wont go crazy over it. it's not even noticeable when watching dvd's

One more queastion..

I've had this TV for about 2 and a half years now. I also notice when playing a white screen the picture always seems to have a kinda "dirty" look to it. Could be cause i have my contrast low. But i calibrated it to the right specs. So i don't know. Thing is it gets dusty, would it be wise to take the TV apart and maybe clean out the inside? would that cause more headaches ya think? I used to smoke too, so it's probably a mess in there. I've taken TV's apart before to clean the insides and never had any problems.

SteveG103

Posted: 2006-08-09 19:33

Man... So there is pretty much no way to lower the red push on this TV without lowering the color setting in the user menu right and messing up all the other colors?

Thing is i can get red dead on by lowering the color alot, but then all the other colors suffer , resulting in flat looking colors.

Is there ANYTHING i can do?

Right now i got my settings at in the service menu at:

New setting : Original values

RDRV-30 : 64

GDRV- 28 : 38

BDRV-47 : 53

RCUT-20 : 120

GCUT-18 : 80

BCUT-14 : 64

Picture looks great now compared to before, but still have that red push. I also have AXIS at 0.

[ This message was edited by: SteveG103 on 2006-08-09 19:34 ]

[ This message was edited by: SteveG103 on 2006-08-09 19:35 ]

SteveG103

Posted: 2006-08-09 19:40

Anybody else on here with a FS27100L who had any results?

I went looking for chucksters wega calibration page, but it's gone. There is a link for an updated page on calibrations, but link is dead.

andyross

Posted: 2006-08-10 17:11

Unfortunately, red push is built into the FS series, and you can really get rid of it. Adjusting gun drive/cut will not really affect it. I think only MTRX and AXIS had some effect. BLLV may also do something.

-----------------
    Sony KDL-46EX700, Onkyo TX-NR609, Sony BDP-S370, WDTV Live Streaming, Motorola DCT-6412, RCA RCRP05B.

SteveG103

Posted: 2006-08-10 18:16

Damn So you think i should just put the drive/cut values back to the original settings and just lower the color setting a bit?

SteveG103

Posted: 2006-08-14 20:03

Ok, red push is the least of my worries now LOL. What a pain it is trying to get geometry perfect, even more so of a pain when you can't get it perfect due to defects!

I went back to the original settings they had for the overscan to see something and noticed how far over they had the left side of the screen. It was at past 5! but the right half was like 4%! Must have did that at the factory to hide that line that i get when i try pulling it in more. Sneaky Sony! i'm on to your game

But yea, after like 3 hours of messing with geometry i said **** it, and just pulled it back to about 5% all around. I thought i could get it better, but i now realize the reason they had it overscanned so much was to hide the crappy parts LOL. It's still fun to mess around with tho, learned what everything does in the service menu.

Funny thing is before i even got into the service menu i didnt even notice these things, now that i know about them, and that they are there makes me realize i don't have my TV at it's best, and knowing that pisses me off LOL.

[ This message was edited by: SteveG103 on 2006-08-14 20:04 ]

[ This message was edited by: SteveG103 on 2006-08-14 20:04 ]

[ This message was edited by: SteveG103 on 2006-08-14 20:05 ]

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.