Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:226
    Members:0
    Total of:226 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

KDL-V40XBR1 sound Dashboard
    Replies: 3 | Views: 1,208
    Last Reply: June 22, 2006, 6:39 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jehill | choosethezone |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author KDL-V40XBR1 sound
    choosethezone

Posted: 2006-06-21 17:45

hi all,

i recently purchased the kdl-40v2000 (uk model.  i think it's the same as the KDL-V40XBR1 in the USA).

i like the picture but i think the sound is a bit naff (bad).  after checking this site (all forums) for hours, nobody seems to have this problem...

even very average televisions seem to have better sound, and connecting to an amplifier and speakers seems to make no difference (i am very happy with the sound of my system other than with this tv)

what are your opinions?  is there a way to change the sound other than with the standard settings?  also, why do the sound changes make no difference when listening through headphones/amp & speakers?  and what's the 'service' menu?  how do i use it?  can i adjust sound in this way?

thanks for your help

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-06-21 18:57

Welcome to Agoraquest!  There may be a problem with the set.  I would take it back and exchange it for a new one.

-----------------
    -John

Sony A/V System: KDL-55XBR8, BDP-S550 and AVD-LA2500PKG, consisting of AVD-C70ES Super Audio CD/DVD Receiver, 4 SS-LA500ED surround speakers, 1 SS-LAC505ED center channel speaker and 1 SA-WD200 Active Subwoofer

choosethezone

Posted: 2006-06-22 14:08

i don't think it's a problem with the set.  my parents and a friend have the same tv and they all sound tinny.  actually, i popped into an electronics centre today and none of the tvs sounded particularly good.  how does tv sound quality compare to hi-fi quality in general (when connected to amp and speakers)?  i'm not using a surround system, just a decent 2 speaker system.

i'm just watching kill bill now and comparing the sound output from the dvd player to the output from the tv - dvd player is significantly better, but still not as good as cd quality.

thanks again for all the help (and the warm welcome Jehill!)

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-06-22 18:39

I don't remember what my KV-36XBR450's speakers sound like, since I been using my surround system speakers exclusively for over two years!  I am sure of one thing.  They don't sound near as good as the speakers in my surround system.  A good sound system always sounds better than the TV system.

I use my TV as a monitor only.  I have an optical connection from my HD Cable Receiver to my sound system receiver.  That way, the TV sound system is totally out of the picture.  If I want to use headphones, I plug them into my sound system receiver (AVD-C70ES).

-----------------
    -John

Sony A/V System: KDL-55XBR8, BDP-S550 and AVD-LA2500PKG, consisting of AVD-C70ES Super Audio CD/DVD Receiver, 4 SS-LA500ED surround speakers, 1 SS-LAC505ED center channel speaker and 1 SA-WD200 Active Subwoofer

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.