Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:254
    Members:2
    Total of:256 users
    MemberLogged
    claudio0.0 min
    jehill0.0 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: Toli
    Agoraquest Forum Index Getting Started/Building a Home Theater

To Buy or Not to Buy? 7100ES Dashboard
    Replies: 52 | Views: 6,914
    Last Reply: May 8, 2006, 1:37 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jocktheglide | Maxxwire | rb | jehill | Toli | Mr_Mod | tbone7467 | SNY4ME | Abyssblue | edconline |
    This thread topic spans 4 pages - You are currently on page 2
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author To Buy or Not to Buy? 7100ES
    SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-16 21:41

No, I personaly don't know anybody in the states at all. It's really too bad that they don't ship to Canada. Most companies that don't really have very good reasons. I think it is just because if they ship to Canada, the have to ship to everywhere else, including Nigeria. You know how that goes, I even got burned that way.

Lyle

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-16 22:04

SNY4ME,

I know someone there pretty well. And from what I was told, if the Canadian recipient chooses not to pay the duties(I seriously doubt that you would do this), they are reverted back to the seller and he must pay. Oade used to ship to Canada, but I believe that they were burned a few times and that's why they changed thier policy. If you lived closer, say somewhere in Southern Ontario; I would let you ship it to me, then I could meet you half way. If you are still interested in a good price on the STR-DA7100ES, www.mydigitaluniverse.com has it for $1,144.00 USD, before shipping & taxes. I used to hear good things about them, but I have been out of the loop for awhile. Thier site doesn't say anything about not shipping to Canada.

Toli

-----------------
    KDL-52XBR6 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

rb

Posted: 2006-03-16 22:28

Lyle phone Hagens of Blaine Washington and see if they have a location closer to Alberta such as in Montana.  Do you have a friend in Vancouver that could pick it up for you in Blaine.

I used them many times when I lived in Vancouver.

http://www.vwdov.ca/forum/printthread.php?s=9b22b5fc048e0636b838c3b2e81549e8&threadid=25879

-----------------
    rb

I listen to music in StereO

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-17 00:12

Wow thanks guys for all the info. I didn't know that about the duty thing, however it all depends who they ship with. When I recieve packages from the states, certain carriers bill you and others make you pick-up the package. That way you have to pay the duty before they release it.

But anyway, I'm not going to start going nuts over smuggling this thing. I'm sure if I keep shopping around, I will find a good seller who will ship to Canada. You guys have listed lots that I have yet to see.

Thanks again guys.

Lyle

rb

Posted: 2006-03-19 14:12

If the people you buy from will ship via U.S Postal Air go with that.  UPS and FED-EX will both scam you out of a brokerage fee.

-----------------
    rb

I listen to music in StereO

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-19 21:48

No argument here. I hate UPS and Fedex. They both gouge on brokerage. Plus Fedex, sucks because they can track a package to the minute but the cannot stop it during transit.

Lyle

tbone7467

Posted: 2006-03-23 00:00

Since everything is going 1080P sooner or later (bluray PS3 ect...) would it be a waste to pick up the 9000es or should I wait for the 9100es if it is ever released? I have been looking at TV an decided to wait since none of the Sony's accept 1080P yet.

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-23 01:24

Earlier this month Sony released their new Bravia X Series HDTV which is 1080p compatible.

~Maxx~

-----------------
    A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-25 01:12

Okay guys here is a good one for you. I have been searching around on ebay and such for 7100ES's. I sent an email to a guy who sells black ones. He said that Sony ES is discontinuing all of it's silver components.

Is this true? I like the ES silver. Not the lesser non ES models though, IMHO, the painted silver looks cheezy.

Lyle

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-25 07:11

On 2006-03-25 01:12, SNY4ME wrote:
    Okay guys here is a good one for you. I have been searching around on ebay and such for 7100ES's. I sent an email to a guy who sells black ones. He said that Sony ES is discontinuing all of it's silver components.

Is this true? I like the ES silver. Not the lesser non ES models though, IMHO, the painted silver looks cheezy.

Lyle

SNY4ME,

Yes, it is true, the STR-DA7100ES is sliver has been discontinued, they are now only produced in black. For example, Oade doesn't have any new silver DA7100ESs left and they aren't getting any more, only the black version. You can still find them in silver, but they will be from what a store has in it's stock, or they will be refurbished units. Also, my friend at Oade said from the information he has seen, Sony components in general, are taking a trend towards black again.

As a side note....although our local Sony Outlet doesn't have any refurbished DA7100ESs yet, they do though have refurbished STR-DA3100ESs and STR-DA2000ESs in stock.

Toli

-----------------
    KDL-52XBR6 w/Salamander Archetype TV65,STR-DA7100ES,BDP-S1,DVP-NS9100ES,DIRECTV HR21,Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS;Klipsch:KSF-10.5(2),KSF-C5,KSF-S5(4-2),KSW-15; glass toslinks,Pure Silver i-Link & HDMI,PS3,Harmony 880 Pro

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-25 12:41

Well thanks for the info, BTW I love this site. Because I probably would end up spending thousands on silver and then have any future components not match.

Lyle

Toli
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-25 14:14

SNY4ME,

No problem, I am glad to pass along the information. I am going to change out all my components and follow this trend, and soon I'll be 'Back in Black" ( ACDC is now playing the backround music ) as I switch from silver to all black.

Toli

-----------------

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-25 17:00

• Member Quote

On 2006-03-25 12:41, SNY4ME wrote:
    Well thanks for the info, BTW I love this site. Because I probably would end up spending thousands on silver and then have any future components not match.

Lyle

We've had some very long and drawn out conversations on the Silver vs Black issue here and I'm still convinced that its a scheme to get people to buy matching color equipment especially here in North America where we only get one color choice at a time.

~Maxx~

-----------------
    A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-03-25 17:48

You think? (sarcasm) You know these companies, especially one as huge as Sony. However, I see a flaw in their logic.

If I was serious about matching one color. Chances are I am going to buy a Denon, or Pioneer peice instead. Since all of these manufacturers keep within a couple months of each other with their technology.

The idea that most people would buy a new Sony reciever to match their new Sony DVD player. Even though their reciever was perfectly good, just not the same color. That's prety arrogant.

If Sony ever ends up "pigeon-holeing" me into a new product because of color. I will take my business elsewhere and I will let them know why.

I beleive this is our responsibility as consumers. We must not be taken advantage of.

Lyle

Abyssblue

Posted: 2006-03-27 16:55

SNY4ME,

PM me.  I have my 7100ES (in silver) for sale.

This topic thread spans 4 pages - You are currently on page 2
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.