Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:213
    Members:0
    Total of:213 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: Toli
    Agoraquest Forum Index Getting Started/Building a Home Theater

Speaker Mounting Dashboard
    Replies: 10 | Views: 1,855
    Last Reply: February 27, 2006, 2:44 am

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Maxxwire | jehill | SNY4ME |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Speaker Mounting
    SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-22 23:32

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could throw some of your experience and opinions my way.

I'm looking into some shelves for my surround speakers. I have SS-K30ED's and would like to place them on shelves. But I'm not sure what is best, stands, mounting brackets or shelves. I don't really want to use stands because I want to save my floor space. The brackets I'm unsure of, because I'm not sure how they would fasten to my speakers and how they would sound.

I have a friend who's father is rather good with wood-working and he is willing to build some for me fo only the cost of the materials. I was leaning on some 1 inch thick or thicker solid oak, beveled and stained to match my decor.

I seen some pretty nice brackets aswell, but they had no mounting detail. Only size capacities. The other thing is given the unique shape of these speakers, I don't know if this would cause problems with the bracket mounts.

Let me know what you think.

Lyle

[ This message was edited by: SNY4ME on 2006-02-22 23:32 ]

[ This message was edited by: SNY4ME on 2006-02-22 23:35 ]

jehill
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-23 15:13

I see nothing wrong with placing your speakers on shelves, especially rugged ones like you describe.

-----------------
    -John

Sony A/V System: KDL-55XBR8, BDP-S550 and AVD-LA2500PKG, consisting of AVD-C70ES Super Audio CD/DVD Receiver, 4 SS-LA500ED surround speakers, 1 SS-LAC505ED center channel speaker and 1 SA-WD200 Active Subwoofer

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-23 15:42

I agree with John. How could you possibly do better than custom hand made 1" solid Oak shelves for your speakers made for the cost of materials only?

~Maxx~

-----------------
    A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-23 23:23

Cool, thanks guys.

Lyle

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-23 23:36

Lyle- It would be really great is you could share some pictures of how your speaker shelves turn out!

~Maxx~

-----------------

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-24 18:17

Definatily. I will be showing off my whole new system when we get all settled into our new Condo.

Lyle

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-25 15:25

It will be a pleasure to see another wonderfully appointed A/V system from the Great White North!

~Maxx~

-----------------

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-25 21:02

It would be my pleasure.

Lyle

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-26 16:01

I don't know exactly what it is, but you Canadians just seem to take your A/V systems more seriously than most people do. At least that's the impression I get from all of the super fine systems owned and operated by our Canadian Members here at Agoraquest.

~Maxx~

-----------------

SNY4ME
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-26 21:40

Well, nice of you to say. I only personaly know one other audiophile. My uncle. He's got over $30000 into his system. His most recent attration, has been a set of Magnepan MG 3.6's. Those things are increadable.

I don't have his level of disposable income, but I will do my best to chose the right system for me. I am also trying to keep as much of it Sony as possible. It may not end up meeting the levels of sonic marvel that some of you enjoy with your 20+ years in.

But, my goal, is to build a system that I can afford and I will love. I think that I am well on my way with my set of K series speakers. Next up is a 7100es and some sort of Disc player, most likely a 9100es and later a blu-ray player (?).

We are in a very transitional time right now so it makes it difficult to choose which equipment to buy.

The only purchase I've made is my K series and I do feel comfortable with that decision. At least you can depend speaker to stay current.

My current system is consists of a $300 reciever, $100 DVD player and a pair of SS-MF650H speakers that In got for $200.

It's fine, but I can't wait to setup my new gear. I'm getting all giddy.

Lyle

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2006-02-27 02:44

Lyle- Don't be concerned about expensive gear because system synergy is far more important than sticker price and so are set up and room acoustics which make up at least 50% of the sound quality of any Audio system even the most outrageously expensive ones.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.