Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:198
    Members:0
    Total of:198 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: jttar
    Agoraquest Forum Index Off-topic

About my screenname Dashboard
    Replies: 15 | Views: 2,446
    Last Reply: November 22, 2005, 12:11 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    Maxxwire | SPCOOLIN | jttar | SonyHater |
    This thread topic spans 2 pages - You are currently on page 1
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 )
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author About my screenname
    SonyHater

Posted: 2005-11-17 04:07

Yeah, I know this topic is alittle strange so I'll be somewhat brief.

I'm not a person who dislikes Sony products, even though my screenname says otherwise. Its sort of a joke, and then again its not. I'm a person who hates what sony has become. I'm a child of the late '70s and early '80s. During those days, sony was actually top of the line in terms of reliablity and durablity of their products. They made products that rivaled companies such as Panasonic, Hitachi, and the god-like NEC. However, during the mid '90s, I noticed sony's products becoming more and more unreliable. I also notice that this started happening right when the original playstation came out. I just got a weird feeling in the back of my head that this is all Sony Computer Entertainments' fault(not sony corporation itself). I mean, its seem like nowadays were hearing more and more people commenting on how unreliable sony products are.

I just feeling that sony needs to do something about it's quality control, before they tarnish their good name forever...and that is why I have that screenname

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-17 15:05

SonyHater- It all depends on which Sony products you are talking about. Inexpensive entry level equipment is unreliable regardless of the brand of manufacture.

OTOH all of these fine industry standard setting products were also in Sony's line up from the mid '90's and on-

-CDP R1/DAS-R1 DC/DA Converter- The revolutionary Transport DAC combo

-TA N90ES- Stereo Power Amp

-SCD-1, TA E-1, TA N-1 2 channel SACD trio

So which products do you judge the manufacturing quality of a company by its cheapest entry level offerings, their statement pieces or something in between?

~Maxx~

-----------------
    A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

SonyHater

Posted: 2005-11-18 04:35

• Member Quote

On 2005-11-17 15:05, Maxxwire wrote:
    SonyHater- It all depends on which Sony products you are talking about. Inexpensive entry level equipment is unreliable regardless of the brand of manufacture.

OTOH all of these fine industry standard setting products were also in Sony's line up from the mid '90's and on-

-CDP R1/DAS-R1 DC/DA Converter- The revolutionary Transport DAC combo

-TA N90ES- Stereo Power Amp

-SCD-1, TA E-1, TA N-1 2 channel SACD trio

So which products do you judge the manufacturing quality of a company by its cheapest entry level offerings, their statement pieces or something in between?

~Maxx~

I would have to say the Playstation line. The PS1s were alright. I haven't heard too many problems about them, aside the fact that they would overheat and the spindle hub would fall apart. My ps1 lasted about 7 years, which a guy did tell me that 7 years is about how long a ps1 can last. Not to metion since mine was a second generation ps1, I would say that is pretty good. Now the ps2, THAT is a different story. I've heard so many horror stories about the ps2 breaking down that I'm tempted to throw mine out to avoid the headache. The ps3, I don't know what kind of problems that thing will have. Then again, sony MIGHT actually get it right.

In my personally opinion sony never really did anything groundbreaking, aside from the walkman and blu-ray disc(which most of the development and research is being handle by Philips). I've never seen sony develop a supercomputer, like NEC did with the Earth Simulator. You can say they did the Cell processor, but that is being develop mainly by IBM. Sony just came up with the concept, IBM is doing the real work.

In terms of High-end, industrial/professional grade Japanese product, Sony just ain't down with it.

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-18 15:17

It takes a stone cold Sony Hater to belittle the accomplishments of the company who ranks #10 on the prestigious list of the World's Top Patent Recipiets and accuse them of having never done anything ground breaking!

There isn't another A/V relate company that is even close to Sony's level of innovation.

~Maxx~

-----------------

SonyHater

Posted: 2005-11-19 05:47

• Member Quote

On 2005-11-18 15:17, Maxxwire wrote:
    It takes a stone cold Sony Hater to belittle the accomplishments of the company who ranks #10 on the prestigious list of the World's Top Patent Recipiets and accuse them of having never done anything ground breaking!

There isn't another A/V relate company that is even close to Sony's level of innovation.

~Maxx~

Interesting...if sony ranks #10, then who ranks #1?

Maxx, thats what I meant by my screenname was a joke and then again it wasn't. I point out the flaws that the company has, but I don't go crazy about it either. Some of the innovations by sony are very good. I for one, liked the S-DAT format. Unforunately, sony had to take it off the market. The betamax format, that was a very good idea, but it was overshadowed by VHS. Sony does alot of good innovations, but they don't seem to really...whats the words I'm looking for here?..run with it(I hope thats the correct phrase I was looking for).

The kind of products that I want to see from sony, are product that are so durable, you can basically beat them half to death and they'll still work. Thats the kind of stuff I want to start seeing form sony again. I want products that don't just look expensive, I want them to feel expensive.

Now one Japanese company I don't like at all, and I don't think anyone else likes, is Mitsubishi. I've heard some really nasty stuff about their televisions. There was a news article in a Japanese newspaper stating that a TV by them actually blow up and killed a dog.

[ This message was edited by: SonyHater on 2005-11-19 05:53 ]

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-19 15:56

• Member Quote

On 2005-11-19 05:47, SonyHater wrote:
    "The kind of products that I want to see from sony, are product that are so durable, you can basically beat them half to death and they'll still work."

Oh! I see what you mean...CHILDPROOF!

"I want products that don't just look expensive, I want them to feel expensive."

REALITY CHECK- Things that LOOK expensive and FEEL expensive ARE expensive!

~Maxx~

PS- Hewlitt Packard was issued the largest number of patents. Sony is the one and only A/V related company on the top 10 list. The other A/V related companies weren't even mentioned they were so far down the list of innovators.

-----------------

SonyHater

Posted: 2005-11-20 02:25

You probably didn't think about what I said. What I meant was there products need to start using better circuit boards and better quality parts. I take apart alot of different products to see what kind of parts they've got in them(after they break, of course). When I take apart a sony product these days, most of the time what I see is a bunch of very badly designed parts. When I take apart stuff from the likes of Panasonic and Yamaha, I see very well designed pieces of hardware. If sony is as good as what people keep saying these days, and if they're such a big shot corporation, then why don't they actually spend more money into making their products have better parts? You would think with all the money they got, that they would try to do that instead of focusing on more innovative stuff every couple of months.

I'm sorry for posting in that tone, but I really needed to get my point across. I pay good money for alot of different products, and I expect to get my money's worth, not just in performance, but in durability and reliablity.

[ This message was edited by: SonyHater on 2005-11-20 02:30 ]

Maxxwire
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-20 02:53

Hater- The saying "You get what you pay for" is as true today as it ever was.

You simply can not judge Sony's entire product by the build quality of a cheap a$$ Play Station. Take apart any piece of equipment from the ES line of products and you will get a more accurate idea of what Sony is all about.

A cheap piece of junk is just that whether it was made by Panasonic, Yamaha or Sony. Who do you think you're trying to fool? Do you think that none of us has ever taken apart a piece of cheap Pioneer or Onkyo crap before?

I'd like to know which A/V equipment company brings out new products every 2 months? Please list their product line for the last few years and the date that each new product came out.

~Maxx~

-----------------

SonyHater

Posted: 2005-11-20 22:16

"Do you think that none of us has ever taken apart a piece of cheap Pioneer or Onkyo crap before."

One, most of Onkyo's stuff these days is extremely high-end(probably even outpreforming Denon). Two pioneer is very quiet about it's product line, they rarely have commericals advertising them. Three, both of those companies build there products like a tank(thats the kind fo stuff I want to see in sony again).

Look man, I don't see where you get off posting in that tone like that to me. I didn't foul-mouth sony or any of that mess. I just said that they're products need to use more higher end parts. Afterall, they do have the money to do it. Key phrase man, "They got the money to do it."

Ok, now I know you're not reading my post correctly. I said that Sony does that more than anyone else. Did I say other companies do that...NO. I said sony does that.

But what I should've said is that they do that in Japan and Asia more than any where else.

[ This message was edited by: SonyHater on 2005-11-20 22:35 ]

SPCOOLIN
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-20 22:57

SonyHater,

Can you please tell us what your qualifications are for analysing printed circuits.........

What products have you "taken apart" after they have failed?

Were you able to repair these products after failure?

Did you expect a nice warm fuzzy feeling tone from us with your statements, and screen name?

I think not......

Maxx~

He's just another troll.....the likes of WorldsBestSpeakers....and obviously knows not from where his backside speaks......

-----------------
    Spcoolin's Web Site:

http://marine-ac.com/

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-20 23:51

Steve,

I think that you might be correct. Just look at some of these statements"

"I just feeling that sony needs to do something about it's quality control, before they tarnish their good name forever...and that is why I have that screenname"

"The kind of products that I want to see from sony, are product that are so durable, you can basically beat them half to death and they'll still work."

"I've heard so many horror stories about the ps2 breaking down that I'm tempted to throw mine out to avoid the headache."

"In my personally opinion sony never really did anything groundbreaking, I've never seen sony develop a supercomputer"

"When I take apart a sony product these days, most of the time what I see is a bunch of very badly designed parts. When I take apart stuff from the likes of Panasonic and Yamaha, I see very well designed pieces of hardware."

Not too convincing of an argument, nor worth one.

Joe

SPCOOLIN
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-21 00:04

Yes Joe,

I'm sure he has many a Bucketfull of Backside Wisdom ready to just spew out.....and most likely..... none of it smells good... or even reads well enough to use to wipe up afterwards

I think I will stick with the Sears catalog

Sony DA5 ES Sony TA-N9000 ES (For Biamping Mains & Center) Sony CX985 400 Disc DVD/CD Definitive Tech BP30 Mains CLR 3000 Center BPVX/P Surrounds CLR 2000 Rear Center SVS 20-39 PCI Sony KV-36FS17 36" CRT

[ This message was edited by: SPCOOLIN on 2005-11-21 00:14 ]

SonyHater

Posted: 2005-11-21 01:45

Ok, where do you guys jack off starting crap with me. I expected you guys to be much more mature than this but I guess I was absolutely wrong.

The reason why I can't post any of that infomation is because is simple don't have a scanner to do it with. Neither do I have a digital camera, I do have a film SLR camera, but thats not going to help.

Alright, I answered your questions now you jerks answer mine. If sony IS such a big shot corporation than why don't they have the money to products the kind of stuff that Onkyo and Denon produce, and at the same quality?

The point I'm trying to make is that sony is starting to make shabby products and still forcing people to pay a premium price.

Ok, since that mess is over with, can anyone here kindly tell the administrator to delete my account from this forum?

Thank you.

SPCOOLIN
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-21 08:33

On 2005-11-21 01:45, SonyHater wrote:

Ok, since that mess is over with, can anyone here kindly tell the administrator to delete my account from this forum?

Thank you.

That's the best statement you have made yet!  

-----------------
    Spcoolin's Web Site:

http://marine-ac.com/

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2005-11-21 23:51

On 2005-11-21 01:45, SonyHater wrote
    Alright, I answered your questions now you jerks answer mine. 
    The point I'm trying to make is that sony is starting to make shabby products and still forcing people to pay a premium price.

Thank you.

SonyHater,

You don't have to wait for the administrator to delete your nonsense. Simply edit your posts and delete your own ridiculous remarks. Your welcome.

Joe

This topic thread spans 2 pages - You are currently on page 1
    NEXT>> (1 | 2 )

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.