Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:223
    Members:1
    Total of:224 users
    MemberLogged
    Maxxwire82 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Does anyone know if the KD-30XS955 has an SAP button? Dashboard
    Replies: 3 | Views: 1,510
    Last Reply: June 22, 2005, 5:09 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    CarlosGarcia | andyross |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Does anyone know if the KD-30XS955 has an SAP button?
    CarlosGarcia

Posted: 2005-06-21 14:41

Does anyone know whether the KD-30XS955 has an SAP button? I don't see one on the remote, but is there a discrete remote control code that can toggle between SAP and MTS stereo with the press of just 1 button? As I see it now I have to go into the menu and switch all the settings in order to see SAP. The same goes for closed caption. Some TVs you can setup closed caption so that when you mute the set, the words will appear on the screen, but there's no mention of this option in the manual. Does anyone know if any discrete codes exist for both of these options? Thanks.

andyross

Posted: 2005-06-21 16:56

If it reacts like my 30XBR910, it does support the command. It works with both a remote from my 13FS100, and from a OneForAll remote. If you get a OneForAll universal remote (the silver remote usually used with the Motorola 5100/6200/6208/6412 cable box is actually a OneForAll), using setup code 0000, you can use extended code 077 to rotate between Stereo/Auto SAP/Mono.

Check out http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/ and the forums on there for more information on programming OneForAll remotes and using Extended Function Codes (EFC).

-----------------
    Sony KDL-46EX700, Onkyo TX-NR609, Sony BDP-S370, WDTV Live Streaming, Motorola DCT-6412, RCA RCRP05B.

CarlosGarcia

Posted: 2005-06-21 19:05

Thanks for your help. I currently have a Home Theater Master MX-700 remote control, which I can import hex codes into. I also have an older Radio Shack 5 in 1 remote, which I tried programming the signal as you told me to, but the IR signal didn't take. There's a site that has various codes in the hex format here:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=discrete&br=sony&dv=television&fc=

These codes can be programmed into the MX-700, however, there doesn't seem to be a working code for SAP anywhere. If anyone knows of such a working hex code for SAP toggle on the new Sony TVs, I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks again.

andyross

Posted: 2005-06-22 17:09

If the RS remote is a rebadged OneForAll, you can send the code this way (after programming for TV code 0000 or 000.)
    Press and release SET (or SETUP).
    Type 077. Hold down the second 7 to keep repeating if needed for the other remote to learn.

To make it easier, you can also map it onto a key:
    Press and hold SETup until you get 2 blinks
    Type 995 (should get 2 blinks)
    Press and release SETup, then type 077 (this is the 'from' key)
    Press the key you want to put the code on (this is the 'to' key). You should get 2 blinks if successful.

Now pressing that key will send the code. To restore the key if needed, just do the above, but use the key as both the from and to.

-----------------
    Sony KDL-46EX700, Onkyo TX-NR609, Sony BDP-S370, WDTV Live Streaming, Motorola DCT-6412, RCA RCRP05B.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.