Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:220
    Members:0
    Total of:220 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

sony 27FS120 rgb input color adjust? Dashboard
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1,599
    Last Reply: May 23, 2005, 4:00 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    andyross | digiboy | SummitHDTV |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author sony 27FS120 rgb input color adjust?
    digiboy

Posted: 2005-05-16 03:07

I have a 27fs120. the picture is fine with broadcast, composite video, and S video. With component video the reds are a bit too strong. Is this the so-called red push?

Is there any way to adjust the component input red balance without affecting the color on other inputs?

I can access the service mode but I can't find any guide specifically for the fs120 series service mode. The service modes for the xbr and 100 series, which I can find guides for, are not quite the same.

Thanks to anyone who can helpjavascript:editor_insertHTML('message',' ');
    javascript:editor_insertHTML('message','');

SummitHDTV

Posted: 2005-05-21 15:38

A strong red is the so called "red push".  There should be an AXIS control in the service menu.  If it's default is '1', make it '0'.  If it's default is '0', set it to '1'.  Do this while looking at Red color bars and see if the bars become more consistent (or equal) with each other after the change in AXIS control.

AXIS is a global command, so all inputs are affected.

Don't forget to save the AXIS control change before exiting the service menu and document the change on a piece of paper and keep it with your owners manual for reference.  Get AVIA or DVE for the Red color bars pattern.

-----------------
    Summit HDTV
    Virtual Business Card
    ISF Trained
    CA-6X color analyzer
    VP-403 HD generator
    TVS Pro optical comparator

andyross

Posted: 2005-05-22 09:31

Are you thinking of MTRX? That is the one that is typically 0-3. On my 13FS100, 0 is least push. There may also be BLLV, which only affects Cool and Neutral color modes.

AXIS goes from 0 to 63, and affects magenta and yellow. Increasing AXIS from 0 changes yellow to lime. At 31, magenta turns to lilac, and yellow goes back to yellow. As you go up to 63, yellow goes to lime again. I think it's used to help compensate for the orangy look you get with basic red push.

-----------------
    Sony KDL-46EX700, Onkyo TX-NR609, Sony BDP-S370, WDTV Live Streaming, Motorola DCT-6412, RCA RCRP05B.

SummitHDTV

Posted: 2005-05-22 15:31

Okay, I took another look at our 13FM12 13" analog set.  There are two controls that affect the red color decoder.  They are AXNT and AXPL.  At first I thought AXNT was AXIS for NTSC and AXPL is AXIS for PAL video.  Then the experiment below changed things a bit.

I set user color using SMPTE color bars after turning off the red and green guns to isolate blue.  Then I used a color decoder check pattern and turned off both the blue and green guns to isolate red.  I verified AXNT has an affect on the red color decoder, though a minimal affect.  Just for grins I changed AXPL and the red decoder bars aligned up nicely.  Further, after changing AXPL, AXNT had no affect anymore if changed.  So, while I can't explain AXNT vs. AXPL, AXPL seemed to work well in my set to better align the red color decoder.  AXNT and AXPL have a range of 0,1.

There is no MTRX or BLLV control in my service menu, so I can't comment on it.
    YMMV

-----------------
    Summit HDTV
    Virtual Business Card
    ISF Trained
    CA-6X color analyzer
    VP-403 HD generator

digiboy

Posted: 2005-05-23 03:10

This is all helpful but I want to say again that the problem only seems to be with the RGB input. I don't want to make a global adjustment that counteracts the red on all inputs since the other inputs are fine now. I'm asking if there is an adjustment to back off the red that would be specific to the RGB input.
    Thanks

[ This message was edited by: digiboy on 2005-05-23 03:14 ]

SummitHDTV

Posted: 2005-05-23 16:00

By RGB, do you mean YPbPr?  That's an important distinction for a potential solution via a hardware 75 Ohm signal attenuator that plugs into the Pr input of the Sony set, reducing the red component of the source device.  There's a history of this device on older Mitsubishi RPTV sets, and is documented very well in the hometheaterspot. 
    Go here http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/200608/an/0/page/3#200608

You need to be a member to access this information.

You need to solder and follow a circuit diagram.  This patch works only on YPbPr (component video) inputs, namely the Pr input.  This patch is designed for Mits, but has application for you.  I suggest using AVIA or DVE to get a feel for the amount of red push on the Pr input and read the above thread carefully.

-----------------
    Summit HDTV
    Virtual Business Card
    ISF Trained
    CA-6X color analyzer
    VP-403 HD generator

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.