Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:159
    Members:1
    Total of:160 users
    MemberLogged
    johnwed0.0 min
    Users will be removed if they logged out or are inactive for 35 minutes

Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: claudio
    Agoraquest Forum Index Television Configuration

Vivid, Standard, Movie Settings Dashboard
    Replies: 8 | Views: 2,927
    Last Reply: March 12, 2003, 12:31 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    robnalex | braincramp | -W- | jvessey | Jeff_Lam | eddiethehead |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author Vivid, Standard, Movie Settings
    robnalex

Posted: 2002-08-19 00:05

Why is it that when I adjust the settings for vivid, standard and movie to be identical, the picture is still different in each of those modes?

-----------------
    Rob in Raleigh, NC

-W-

Posted: 2002-08-20 01:35

Greetings robnalex:

Why is it that when I adjust the settings for vivid, standard and movie to be identical, the picture is still different in each of those modes?

Well, that could be okay. It might depend on what you're viewing (e.g., regular broadcast vs. DVD vs. VHS).

Can you tell us a little more about your viewing situation?

-W-

robnalex

Posted: 2002-08-20 01:54

Quote:

On 2002-08-20 01:35, -W- wrote:
    Greetings robnalex:

Well, that could be okay. It might depend on what you're viewing (e.g., regular broadcast vs. DVD vs. VHS).

Can you tell us a little more about your viewing situation?

-W-

Hello -W-

My inputs are DVD (component), Tivo DirectTV Tuner (S-video), HD100 DirectTV tuner (component). I wanted to have a setting for each, so I started by setting 3 of the menus exactly the same. With the settings identical, the picture is still different in each (identical) setting using the same input. In other words, when I go from standard to movie to pro (all adjusted the same) and without changing the input source, the picture is different.

Rob

jvessey

Posted: 2002-09-03 13:03

I noticed this as well on my 36xbr800. I could be wrong, but I think the reason is that each of those settings might be set at a different derfault value in the service menu, so the same apparent position on the user menu is still different. When I used AVIA to set picture and brightness under different picture modes, I end up on different user settings for the same apparent result.

jvessey

Posted: 2002-09-03 13:04

I noticed this as well on my 36xbr800. I could be wrong, but I think the reason is that each of those settings might be set at a different derfault value in the service menu, so the same apparent position on the user menu is still different. When I used AVIA to set picture and brightness under different picture modes, I end up on different user settings for the same apparent result.

robnalex

Posted: 2002-09-03 13:50

Quote:

On 2002-09-03 13:04, jvessey wrote:

Thanks, jvessey-

I recently got the AVIA disc and experienced the same results as you. I sure do wish Sony made it easier for us, considering the $$$ we pay for these TVs. My good old analog Mitsubishi had separate adjustments for every input! But it is a stunning picture, once we get it the way we want it!

-----------------
    Rob in Raleigh, NC

braincramp

Posted: 2002-09-04 12:53

Yes, changing the modes between vivid/standard/movie/pro etc. affects more settings than the picture/brightness/color/hue etc. which are available on the picture menu.

If you choose to enter service mode, you can copy any set of mode settings to any other mode (making them identical), then adjust from there. I have not attempted this.

Observe all the caveats regarding service mode changes (jeopardizing warranty, difficulty in recovery, etc.) documented in other places.

[ This message was edited by: braincramp on 2002-09-04 13:17 ]

eddiethehead
    Premium Member

Posted: 2003-03-11 21:03

How do you do this on a KP51WS500?

Jeff_Lam

Posted: 2003-03-12 12:31

Because the service menu registers differ from each setting.

EX: Pro uses 0 for the register BLK, and vivid uses 3 for BLK in the service menu.

This is just an example but you can see the default values for each service menu register if you have a service manual, it gives the default values for each viewing mode.

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.