Agoraquest Logo
The only place for the Sony Enthusiast Free Member Registration | Login | Contact Us | Quick Search Forum   
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Topics
  • Forums
  • Reviews
  • The Top
  • Web Links
  • File Downloads
  • Photo Gallery
  • Archived Articles
  • Media Center
  • Useful Sections
  • Sony Issues
  • Sony Alerts
  • Senior Members
  • Premium Members
  • eBay Sony Auction
  • Search Site
  • About Us
  • Recommend Us
  • Members List
  • Bookmark this Page

Additional Features
  • Linking to Us
  • Owner Manuals
  • Calender of Events
  • Contact Us
  • Stock Market
  • Agorasearch
  • Break It Down Blog

• Sponsors

Who's Online
    Currently Online
    Visitors:210
    Members:0
    Total of:210 users

MemberLogged
    Most Online Users
    Visitors:980
    Members:1
    Total of:981 online users
    October 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Your Current Status
    You are Anonymous user. Register for free by clicking here.

Inbox

Moderated By: jttar
    Agoraquest Forum Index Computers Troubleshooting

I need help with my Giga Pocket Dashboard
    Replies: 3 | Views: 2,867
    Last Reply: April 19, 2009, 3:36 pm

View Printable Version of this thread
    Members below have participated in this thread
    jttar | HELP_ME | Sony720 |
    Search other threads for related issues/solutions: or use Advance Forum Search
    Get the latest Exclusive Sony News by Joining our RSS Feed or Get RSS Via Email
    Author I need help with my Giga Pocket
    HELP_ME

Posted: 2004-09-30 15:48

Hello,

I am having problems with my Giga Pocket on my Sony Vaio PC model PCVRZ22G. I tried to open up the Giga Pocket so that I can tape something tonight and I got an error message reading:

"Another application is using hardware overlay. Please retry after closing another application using overlay function. When another application does not exist, windows high refresh rate settings may be inappropriate."

Please let me know what the problem is and how to correct it if you can. I have checked all of my application and apparently there is nothing running. So I don't have any idea what the problem is. I don't know how to check or change windows high refresh rate settings. I will be very appreciative of any help you can give me.

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2004-09-30 23:00

HELP_ME,

Greetings and welcome. If there is no other applications running that are conflicting with your Giga Pocket software it could be a problem with the High Refresh Rate settings. This setting refers to your monitor refresh rate. You don't mention what operating system you are using but this should apply to Win2K and WinXP:

1. Right-click the desktop, click Properties, and then click Settings.
    2. Click Advanced, and then click Monitor.
    3. On the Refresh Frequency list, click the appropriate refresh rate, click Apply, and then click OK to test the new refresh rate.
    4. If the test screen is visible, click Yes on the Monitor Settings dialog box. If the test screen is not visible, contact your hardware manufacturer to inquire about the availability of a fix for this issue.
    5. Click OK, and then click OK to close Display Properties.

HERE is the Microsoft site that lists this solution along with other suggestions. I hope it helps you.

Joe

Sony720

Posted: 2009-04-19 00:59

Thanks! A simple search of my error message showed me this page. I recently restored my system with my restore cd's and could not use my Giga-Pocket due to this error.
    I changed my Refresh Frequency to 72Hertz from my setting of 75Hertz and my Giga-Pocket now works. Thanks!

jttar
    Premium Member

Posted: 2009-04-19 15:36

Sony720,

Greetings and welcome!

You are welcome. Happy to hear that you were able to come to Agoraquest and find a solution. I hope that you come back here once in awhile and offer your input.

Joe

Advance Features

Jump To:
    Locations 
of visitors to this page

All logos and information in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. This website www.agoraquest.com, Claudio Meira and Agoraquest, LLC is not tided in any form to the Sony Corporation (www.sony.com). This unoffical website is just place where Sony products are reviewed among the general public. Sony is a registered of Sony, Inc. "PlayStation", "PlayStation2", the PlayStation "PS" logo, and all associated logos/graphics. "Agoraquest, LLC" and "agoraquest.com" are associated exclusively with agoraquest.com, and are NOT associated in ANY way with Sony Electronics, Inc. To view the privacy policy, please click here and to view the terms of use, please click here. If you have any further questions, please contact using our online form.